Friday, February 7, 2014

Moments


This week Will, Ivy, and I biked home from school together.  It was a first.  My heart nearly burst as I watched Ivy enjoy the ride and do so well.  And then Will waited for us at every corner. 

We thought Ivy would be a boy when I got pregnant with her.  In fact, before I got pregnant with her we had all decided that we needed a little buddy for Will.  I was so surprised she was a girl, but I couldn't have asked for a better buddy for Will.  Now Ivy is concerned that Will doesn't have a brother.  She asked the other day about going to a place where they could give us a boy...isn't she fun?


After school yesterday Faith met us at the library.  As we walked in to the library, she was sitting at a table outside with some friends (all boys, of course).  I waved as we walked in and she waved back.  She came in and joined us an hour later.

I asked Faith recently what she would have liked us to name her if we didn't name her Faith.  (She actually feels a little bit cheated that we didn't give her a middle name.) She thought Willow would have been nice. You just never know what they're thinking, do you?

3 comments:

Hugs, Mom said...

Such a tender post. For some reason I got misty eyed as I read. Maybe it was because it would have been so nice for Will to have a brother. Maybe because Ivy comes up with such insightful solutions. And Faith is growing up so fast. Or Willow is such a pretty name. Or maybe I'm missing you so much and I wasn't home when you called yesterday.

Paige said...

I get a lot of satisfaction from posts like this. You're cool.

HW said...

Is it better to try to remember my original comment that wouldn't publish several days ago or just thank you for posting? Your kids are beautiful. And Ivy is such a great buddy for Will!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...