Friday, July 20, 2012

Fabulous Four

Four years old! 
July 19, 2012




 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile for both height and weight. She has long, blond, curly hair that she has just started asking us to cut off. She hates getting her hair done in the morning as she is very tender headed.

One of her favorite things to do is dance. She shows us her arabesques a lot. She always has dirty feet (no matter how much I wash them) and likes to eat cheese. She loves babysitters, wearing dancing skirts and small "cute" things. When I cut my hair, she told me that it was so "little and cute." She was the only one of our kids who loved the Freemont Street Experience and wanted to go back to all those bright lights, loud music and lots of crowds of people. She cuddles more now than when she was a baby. It's delightful. She loves to color and use scissors, knows how to spell her first name and enjoys playing with friends as she is very social.

Thank you for coming to play with us, Ivy Jane.  We love you so much!

6 comments:

HW said...

Happy birthday to Ivy! With all the makeup she looks a little like Jonbenet Ramsey. Cute, but a little freaky on a four year old.

Paige said...

What a great way to commemorate the changes. Do you read the birthday posts with your kids when they have a new day. Do they get to tell you things you should write down?

kj said...

I totally agree on the makeup, Heather. I was debating whether or not to keep the pictures. We only used eyeshadow, eyeliner on the top and some lip gloss, but she looks like we went nuts on her.

Paige, I don't counsel with the kids at all on these posts, but it's a good idea. I'm sure they'd all love to tell me what to say!

Hugs, Mom said...

What a precious 4 year old! I loved every word of your description. How lucky for you that she is a cuddler.

Hugs, Mom said...

PS Did you get a new hair cut?

kj said...

I didn't get a new haircut, this was from when I last cut my hair above my shoulders a few months ago.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...