Bill's work party required tacky Christmas sweaters. Faith was more than happy to help us out with these babies. We provided the sweaters, and she provided the tacky.
Also, Will made rank in December. I had a small pity party for myself that day. After substituting, while running an errand at Walgreens I cried about only having one boy to go through cub scouts with (some people would be jealous) and how he is nearly ten years old. Where did those ten years go? I thought about my tiny baby boy who I had to quit nursing because of his mischievous streak, and about that one and a half year-old who couldn't say words, but had his own monkey talk and danced for things he wanted. When he was three, at bedtime he would stand up on the lower bunk bed near the wall and say, "I'm going to give you a big, big, big, big, BIG hug!" and come running at me. It helped me to think of what Mom told me, "Those years are mine forever." Whatever happens and wherever he goes, I got those crazy-fun years with him. And he's still a lot of fun. Bill laughed about Christmas shopping with him because he's always breaking out into a dance. (It's all just proof that he belongs to me :))
4 comments:
Boys who don't walk a straight line because possibilities are endless make life better. Your thoughts on Will made my day
He has always been a joy, hasn't he? Congratulations on rank!
Oh that Will Evans is such an appealing kid! I just want to kiss that serious face getting painted for his new rank.
Oh. Also, the tacky sweaters were hilarious.
Post a Comment