I also made the kids pose for me for a bunch of pictures. Because we have Will and Ivy, none of them turned out frame-worthy...unless seen altogether in which case I think they are completely frame worthy.
Aren't they fun? I love playing with my kids.
On Tuesday I was in charge of Activity Days so I just did something I have always wanted to do: a Captain Moroni lesson. I told them the story of Captain Moroni raising the Title of Liberty and brought brown paper grocery bags for them to make into jackets and write their own Titles of Liberty. We then had them model them on the catwalk and read everyone's jacket.
Ivy was so happy to get to participate. She has come with me before to Activity Days and loves it. We also brought our next door neighbor, Mallory who isn't eight until July as well. I gave them Fruit by the Foot (because we were talking about what we stand for...) and they seemed to have a pretty good time. Ivy said it was wonderful, so I guess I passed.
![]() | |||||
| L-R Standing: Mallory, Ivy, Ellie, Kelly, Sloan, Sydney, Sophie. Floor: Hallie and Libby |
Today I got to teach the Valiant 8 class the second hour of church and be in nursery for the 3rd hour of church. It was just about the perfect day.
I have been watching the HBO miniseries, John Adams to augment my US History class. It's not totally historically accurate, but is very well done and has details in it that really bring to life some of the history. (Like children playing war against the redcoats with toys in Boston before the Revolutionary War, juicing the pus from a small pox victim to put into a cut of someone else in order to vaccinate them, and men wearing wigs before the revolutionary war, but growing their own hair out after the war as there weren't British goods being imported anymore for some time.)


3 comments:
Ah! You blogged for me! I particularly loved the pictures of your kids. I think some of them were definitely frame worthy. I loved some of Faith's reactions to her silly siblings. And of course I love their silliness too.
You do good activities. Let's be friends, okay?
That series of photos made me grin big. What program do you use for your collages? Does mom use the same one? I need to get it.
I'm so happy when you blog.
Don't you love getting right into the Book of Mormon and making it interactive for kids? I do.
You blogged!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when you include us in your terrific activities. You do fun activities that feature the children and encourage their creativity. LOVED IT!!
Post a Comment