Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Short Survey

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was fun. Here are my kids' answers:
(I'll put my answers for my mom in pink underneath my kids' answers for me)

What is something I say a lot?
F: Faith, come look at this!

W: Oh, gol.
I: You don't know - it's gonna be fun!
Growing up she'd say, "Have fun and don't be weird!" but now I hear her say, "my day is all better now that you called."

What makes me happy?
F: When your kids come to you for affection
W: When we do what you say
I: When we're together
Lots of things. She's a very happy person. Beautiful scenery, hugs, having family close and the gospel.

What makes me sad?
F: When puppies die. (then she giggles...not sure what this meant)
W & I: When kids get hurt
Disorganization? I'm drawing a blank here. I can think of mad and frustrated, disgusted...isn't that something that I can't think of things that make my mother sad?? Maybe when puppies die is the right answer.


How tall am I?
F: 5'8"
I:5'
I'm pretty sure that she's still 5'8" 

How old am I?
ALL : 42
Born in 1939. She'll be 78 on February 18th of this year.

What's my favorite thing to do?
I: Go on family trips
W: Snuggle
F: Not make dinner
Make a difference, encourage others, hug, laugh, read, meditate, find the joy in life. There are a lot of things that must be her favorite because she is so good at all of them.


What makes you proud of me?
F: You going to college
W: When you DON'T embarrass me
I: When you snuggle with me
When she isn't scared of doing hard things - like writing a book about her mother's life. When she says exactly what she thinks fearlessly (which is pretty much all the time.) When she does things because she  knows it will make Dad happy - like have dinner ready for him or even fly with him.

What is my favorite food?
F: Soup
W: Pizza
I: Salad
Chocolate is always a good bet, but she likes nuts too and if you put them together that's pretty good too.

If I could go anywhere, where would it be?
All: Glamping in Jordan (we were just discussing this tonight)
She can go anywhere and has gone most places, so this is really a trick question. I always thought she would have loved to see the Holy Land. She's someone who would appreciate it. These days it seems like it's more about the people she is surrounded by rather than the places she goes.

Do you think you could live without me?
Ivy: No
Will & Faith: (said nothing)
I might have to one day, but I don't want to.

How do I annoy you?
F: When you talk to my friends like children
W: Ask me to clean my room
I: When you make me stay in my room while I pout
When I was young I was insecure about how friendly she was with strangers, but now I think it's fun. I think this must be a question for people who live in the same house. I'm not annoyed by her.

What is my favorite TV show
ALL: Say Yes to the Dress
I don't even know if she watches TV! I think she watches BYU TV in the mornings to listen to a scripture discussion, so maybe that's it.

Outside of family, who is my friend?
ALL: Gaynelle Ryan and Sister Wilkinson
Everyone! I know in Logandale Clarine is her friend and the Kitchens.

What drives me crazy?
F: Our defiance
W:
I: When I make annoying noises
Cartoons, screaming and silly business during serious discussions.

Who do I have a crush on?
F & I: Dad
Will: (said nothing)
Dad. Forever.

Who's smarter than me?
F & I: Dad
W: Dad, yeah
This question is too hard for me. My brain is going to explode trying to come up with an answer.

5 comments:

HW said...

You say all the right things, Kirsta! My favorites were your answers about Mom. It seems like your kids know you pretty well too. I LOVE it when you blog!

Paige said...

Descriptions of two women who I adore. Love this!

Hugs 2 You said...

What a delightful post! I always thought children don't really know their parents. Come to find out they REALLY DO!

Hugs 2 You said...

PS. I just reread these questions answering what I'd say about my mother. It wa fun. The 2 I remember were: What did she say a lot.........."Silence is golden. " And where would you like to be...I think she's there. It doesn't get much better than heaven.

Kayci said...

This is so neat. I love your kids answers and the answers you gave for your mom. If I get brace I will ask my kids this.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...