When Bill and I were first married I had a dream that we were working on a run-down house. We were specifically tearing out gross flooring to replace it. It was dirty, hard work. As we worked, Bill found a key to a door in the house that we had never been able to open before. When we opened the door, we went up the stairs and there was a whole wing of the house that was beautiful and even decorated beautifully.
In my adult life, all of my dreams about houses have had parts of the house that are unfinished or old and need repair. In the past month or so, something has happened that has never happened before in my adult life: the houses in my dreams have become beautiful. They aren't a bunch of work waiting for me. They are finished. In my last house dream, the house was large with beautiful travertine floors and 2 dishwashers! (I'm not sure why we needed two dishwashers...) In this dream Bill and I decided to let a family we know rent to own the house because we knew they had been renting for the past 15 years, so there was a sense of plenty: enough and enough to share.
Sometimes the bounty and happiness in life sneak up on you when you're least expecting it.
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...

4 comments:
It's like finding the sweet spot in the middle of the rapids that you know won't flip your boat and you can row that boat gently down the stream. So wonderful.
Does this mean you are growing up...or old and too tired to fix places? I too have had dreams about houses I'm going to have to live in. Most of the time I'm glad to wake up and be home.
What a lovely dream! I especially liked that your first impulse was to help someone else. I love that about you.
Wow! That is cool that you have thematic dreams and have paid attention to them. I have never had such things happen.
It is nice to that the houses have reached a new level of niceness. It is nice to see the good that is so close to us we sometimes over look it.
Post a Comment