Sunday, June 30, 2019

All the rest of June

A few weeks ago Bill and I went to Lake Havasu one Saturday to see the London Bridge. We hadn't ever been and it was a fun little adventure. The kids weren't interested in coming, so there was the added bonus of getting an extra long date together.
This is the actual bridge. We walked across it twice looking for a great place to eat. We thought that fish and chips sounded like just the right thing, but the only place that was serving those next to the bridge, was in the sun and blazing hot.

The search continued.

There were some other cute restaurants, near the water, but they didn't even serve fish! While the air conditioning called to us, the food did not.

The search continued.
We crossed the bridge to the other side where we found a mall. That sounded nice again because of the air conditioning, but the only place open in the mall was a bar and grill that was serving pizza. We weren't really in the mood for pizza.

(Shugrue's was also there, but we were already very familiar with their pricey menu from special occasions in Sedona.)

The search continued.

I was glad to have seen the mall, because there was some beautiful art there!

We considered Javelina Cantina, also just across the bridge, but even though we know it's good food, it wasn't something new. We used to go there regularly in Sedona...so we crossed back over the bridge and got in the car to search for just the right place to eat at Lake Havasu.

We found it and didn't get a picture of it! It was Mudshark Brewery and Restaurant. The menu was perfect for us. They had fish for Bill and Mexican for me. Bill got his fish and chips and I got shrimp tacos. We shared. It was delightful.

Other than that, our days have mostly been spent here at home:

Faith and Will are binge-watching old seasons of The Bachelorette. I think Will is just humoring Faith because he doesn't always last all the way through a whole episode. Both of them talk through and skip the "relationship talks."

Sometimes one of us will fall asleep on the red sofa.

Nobody really knows what Ivy is watching, but this is totally normal when she isn't at gymnastics, swimming, or begging to get together with friends.


She has also been a really good helper many times grocery shopping this summer. She picked out the biggest watermelon for us to eat. It has been quite a commitment for us!

Faith had a job interview with Lakeshore this week. It is a retail store that sells teaching supplies. It's a super fun store for me to go into. We really hope she gets the job. She is much happier with less time on her hands.
Will went running with the Spartan racers on Friday. He ran 10 miles and then went to Cross Fit. Later that day he went swimming with friends and then had a basketball game in the evening. He seems to thrive on all the activity. I think he wants to get ripped this summer before high school :)

And all the other stuff:
I started reading "The Rise of the Ultra Marathoners" but had to put it down. It makes me want to run too much. (Though maybe I can find ways to do it. Today I had a decent run by taking Naproxen beforehand and wrapping my right knee in an ace bandage.)

Will came out of his room saying, "I have a life problem."
Me: What is it?
Will: I think I can't find like half of my toys.
Me: Oh no!
Will: I don't know where my action figures are. I'm really scared.
And then he spent time away from a screen in his room playing with what toys he did have.

....Oh, my heart!

I took Faith and her friend, Alexis, to the library yesterday. When Faith saw me over by the used books she told Alexis, "We need to go. She's going to start buying Spanish textbooks." That girl knows me. I bought two Spanish workbooks and an art history book. How in the world do I get to teach art history and dance as well??? So far I just slip them right into my curriculum as they fit :)

3 comments:

HW said...

I love your long date, the art you found, and especially your kids! I loved hearing how Will is in between worlds. I love it that you get to have both getting ripped and desperately looking for toys. And I also love how well Faith knows you. Yes! You should find ways to teach dance and art history AND Spanish. All the best things!

Paige said...

What a treat. What a joy and a treat. What a hootin' hollerin' rip roarin' jaunt of a jolly treat. I'm all treaty today from reading your stuff.

So, specifics?

Faith is beautiful and wow she'll be hard to miss this fall. Reno is not even prepared for how lucky it's going to be.

Will doing chick shows with his sister, and working out tons -- it's a fun mix, isn't it?

Ivy with the watermelon that could win the county fair made me grin oh so big. Dang I like that girl.

I like how you and Bill do stuff. Finding the perfect restaurant is satisfying when you took your time doing it.

I'm in favor of your wish-list of courses to teach.

Paige said...

and I happen to know Faith got the job at Lakeshore.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...