This post is going to seem pretty random and the pictures are definitely in random order, but that's a bit how life turns out sometimes!
My fabric was delivered on Monday for the patio chair cushions, so I spent Tuesday sewing until the evening when Ivy and I went to water aerobics at the Hill's house.
Will asked me, "Why are you making them uneven like that?" I thought it was fun, but they are reversible so we can be boring if we want and face all the cushions the same direction too. We actually have 4 chairs like this now, not just the 2.
Will went out on Tuesday with his friends all day and came home in the evening with a buzz cut. His friend, Austin, did it. Luckily Austin's mother knows how to cut hair and was involved in some of the details! We think he looks a little bit like Eminem now. He is enjoying not having hair in his face anymore this summer.
On Monday we went to Logandale to see Papa Fred and Marj. They took us out to eat at a Mexican restaurant in Overton that I had never noticed before, La Fonda. It was a fun visit. Marj sent us with creamies to eat on our way home. She always has something to give us every time we see her.
Last week I read a Jodi Picoult book, Vanishing Acts, that had the best side character. It was an older Native American woman who made specialized Barbies to sell (think "wanna buy a watch" in a trench coat type thing.) Below is a description of "PMS Barbie" and "Reality TV Barbie." There were other Barbies thrown in throughout that really helped with a little comedic interlude in a book that was pretty intense. Mid-life crisis Barbie, Rohypnol Ken (a little dark, right?), Divorce Barbie (who drives Ken's car and has the deed to Ken's house.
I took Heather's advice and assigned Will and Ivy a day to cook each week. How did I forget that we were doing this last summer too? Anyway, Will has decided to cook hot dogs every time he cooks. He has already done boiled hot dogs (but he did toast the buns!) and baked up some frozen corn dogs. Next, he plans to fry the hot dogs. At least someone else is doing the cooking - even if it is hot dogs every time!
Ivy did orange chicken last week the Bill and I really liked, but Will and Ivy didn't like so much. They thought the sauce wasn't good. This week Ivy cooked blueberry muffins and I did the scrambled eggs to go with.
While we have been doing these things, Bill has been in Colorado learning to lay flooring, sand and refinish wood floors and just work all the crazy flooring equipment. I'm ready for him to come home already.









5 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry, Will Evans! He looks like he is about to cry that you are making him make hot dogs every single week!!! Boys with buzzes in the summer are just the best. I just love seeing what you are up to! Your chairs are so cheerful. I think you are absolutely brave for volunteering to sew all of them. I don't think I could do that and remain kind to anyone. Hooray for Bill and his new skills! Are you going to put him to work for YOU? The Barbie interlude cracked me up. And I liked hearing about Ivy really trying a dinner for dinner and then concluding that breakfast was just going to be better.
Also, do you sew in the guest bathroom?! And I loved seeing Dad and Marj. How fun that you got to see them for real!
I love your fabric and ambition to sew your own cushions. And I want to know if you see in the bathroom too? :)
I like that you took Heather’s advice and like your willingness to go with what Will wants to cook. I think I would be meaner and make him make something that didn’t have hot dogs. (Mostly because so don’t like them.) You are a good patient mom.
I think I need to try Heather’s advice to make it to the end of my semester.
How fun you visited your dad and Marj. I keep thinking Glen and I should go visit them one day but I guess I never know where they are. They definitely get around.
The Barbies are so fun. They seem so much more real than regular Barbie.
All that equipment looks familiar that, Bill is learning to use. My brother in law does hardwood flooring and I helped him with the stuff he put in our house. It’s a great skill to have. I hope he is back or will be back soon.
Whatever comment I left either I didn't put send or it went away and I apologise about that and your sewing projects are beautiful with such appealing colours and your son looks sorta funny without his swootie type hair and Ivy's ambition to do a fabulous dinner really impresses me and I think Bill is cool for choosing a variety of businesses over the course of a career and I think you guys are wonderful
Ha ha, yes I sewed the covers in the guest bedroom bathroom. I sew there a lot if it isn't going to be too much sewing. I should have set up on the kitchen table this time, but I will say that it was nice to stand instead of sit.
Post a Comment