These are the pictures from our latest hike. Bill took me to Anniversary Narrows. It was delightful! I used to be scared to hike it because there was a security guard with a rock salt shot gun making sure nobody crossed the mine that you have to cross to get there, but evidently, nobody is patrolling it these days and we didn't see any "No Trespassing" signs. So I guess trespassing was okay.
| |||
You have to stop here :) It looks like there used to be a way to get down into the wash, but now it's just a small cliff. We parked further up the hill. The men in the black truck were carrying a metal detector that I thought was a good idea, but they didn't find anything.
You have to cross these white rocks through the mine to get to the narrows. You could see where huge black wheels had gone over the white rocks.
You just keep hiking up that wash. You will see evidence of mining, but not current mining.
The holes in these rocks were interesting, and looked man-made for mining purposes, but we didn't climb up to investigate further. We must be getting old!
Below is where the entrance to the narrows begins.
We hiked from south to north. You can't so much from the pictures, but on the south end the rocks are much more white, and as you move north they turn more and more pink and red. It was really spectacular!


















3 comments:
When you pause to consider the different ways you can die, do you feel scared or happy? Or simple acceptance? That part cracked me up.
Your portrait of the two of you holding hands in shadow silhouette was very artistic. I really miss exposed rocks like this. I have never been to anniversary narrows and it looks like a really great hike.
Cool, cool, cool, COOL!!! Your pictures are dramatic and beautiful! I love it that you regularly hike in fun places together.
Eve and I want to go on this hike.
Post a Comment