Monday, April 18, 2022

Whew! Spring Break is over!

Last week was Spring Break. The week before, Ivy and I dubbed, "The Week that Would Never End." Everyone - teachers and students alike - we just holding on tooth and nail waiting for Spring Break which came so late this year!!

We started things off with a bang. On Friday after school Ivy and I went to the strip to meet an online friend and her family who were all really great. We met them at the M&M Store and their family bought both Ivy and her friend matching key chains. They were adorable together. Afterward Ivy asked if it was like I thought it would be. I told her I thought it would be much more awkward. They weren't at all awkward. They were just the same age, same size and obviously had been friends for quite awhile!

Then came the chores that I had to wait for spring break to do. Cleaning out the pool filter, taking off the falling-off tiles off the pool, cleaning the pool out and replacing broken parts. It was a multi-day activity, but finally our pool is looking better and working somewhat better. We are hoping to have all the tiles replaced in May. Below is a picture of our cracked manifold that we replaced last week.

There was also lots of cuddling with the cat. This is one of our favorite activities. She is so cute!!

I took food pictures, which I normally don't do. However I have started making fancy salads that are super easy. I put whatever vegetables I feel like over lettuce (below it's just green onions, tomatoes and cucumbers) then I just top it with trail mix. Yum!

More cat snuggling. We have become much more affectionate since getting the cat :)

Another salad. This one has lettuce, cucumbers, strawberries and trail mix. I thought it was delightful. Ivy won't even let me try a different trail mix she likes the mango omega one, which works fine I just don't want chocolate in my salad.

Ivy made this cute meal for herself. We had tried to make ham and cheese melts in the toaster like we saw on an IG Reel, but the toaster was a bit of a mess and the cheese didn't melt, so Ivy made the same thing, but fried it on the stove. It worked much better.

Last weekend we went to Kanarra, Utah to hike Kanarra Falls. It was fun, but our feet froze in the water.

Ivy and Bill went ahead at the end to see the third and fourth falls, but poor Ivy fell and hurt her knee. Bill was sweet to help her down the narrows.

He held her hand all the way down.

Further down the falls I fell in the river and took it on the shin. Poor Will watched it all happen. He held my hand on the rest of the crossings. It was one of those crazy parenting moments when the tables are turned and your little guy who is now not so little is the one who makes it all better for you.


I highly recommend this hike even though it has been discovered. You have to buy tickets in advance as they only allow 150 people per day to hike it. We decided that we need to go back in the summer when the water isn't so frigid :)


 Then there was Easter, which was really fun. We had an egg hunt for Will and Ivy. We are still missing a hippopotamus egg with one dollar in it, but unfortunately I can't remember where I put it anyway. Then we died eggs, Will went to work and we had a ham dinner later for dinner. Great day. Lots to be grateful for.


2 comments:

Paige said...

You are such a glamorous woman. Were you shin-hurt in that photo of Will and you (Looking like you may have just come from the hair salon?)

Ivy and also a non-awkward bestie. What a great and unexpected find! I am glad that you liked the family. There’s some serious swoot going on with the bangs in that photo with the kitty. What a beautiful person. Don’t you feel like cats make a Photos just a little bit better?

Ah! Hiking! Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart all the way down to my do beetles for making your hikes a visual feast on your blog. I love every single description and every single photo.

HW said...

So many good things from your week! I am so glad for the friend meet up that turned out great instead of awkward! And for an adorable cat and sons and dads who hold your hand and help you. Your salads looked really pleasing and delicious. Great ideas for me! I loved the slot canyon pictures, although actually doing it sounds like it was more harrowing than you bargained for.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...