Sunday, April 28, 2024

See how our garden grows

It was a good week, but our biggest and best news is that IVY QUALIFIED FOR REGIONALS IN THE 1600!!! That girl can really run a fast mile (and she has friends who are even faster, so it's crazy at Coronado!) On Friday there was a meet at Green Valley -a Frosh/Soph meet, so it was smaller, which was nice. Her 4x800 relay was good and the Coronado girls easily won it. We were most excited about the mile, though. That is Ivy's favorite event. She knew she had to stick with Isla in order to qualify and both of them got a personal record. (Isla ran it in 5:40 and Ivy ran it in 5:43). We were all pretty excited :)

Beforehand, Will and I went to Dairy Queen where we got Will some food. We saw one of my students there with his relay team. His friends thought he looked A LOT like my son. That was cute. I also got to several of my students from Basic do very well at the meet. That was fun too. However most of them didn't recognize me with a hat, hoodie, distressed jeans and no make-up on!


I'm finally starting to feel a little bit better. Well enough to run just a little bit and get out and be more active. It makes all the difference to me mentally.


In fact, these are a few pictures from my walk/run on Friday (when we didn't have school - Yay!!!) Somebody is growing roses and sharing their beauty with all of us. I am determined to see these roses a lot this spring!

And they had white roses in their front garden! So beautiful!

Will gave Ortho Sport his two weeks notice and has been much happier ever since. He had to go tell Dr. Lanny that he couldn't help him with his neurological study anymore because he won't have space at Ortho Sport to work from. Dr. Lanny was great about it and told him that he thought there would be a lot more interest in it and that he would just take the stuff to Michigan with him for the summer and finish it up. It turned out to be no big deal, which was a relief to Will. He really likes Dr. Lanny.

Faith and Collin are doing well. Collin had is big CFI (certified flight instructor) test and we are waiting to hear how it went! He would love to get more flight hours in and be able to quit working for his airplane mechanic boss who has quite a temper. His paternal grandmother (maybe you met her at the wedding) who is suffering from dementia had a fall and they have had to find a place that will care for her full time. Faith continues to thrive at News Channel 2. I go back and watch her with her colleagues eating crickets together all the time (if you want me to send you the video on Instagram, DM me - it's fantastic!) One of her colleagues asked her why her mother sent her edible crickets to which she replied, "Because I'm not weird enough already." Her colleague got all excited and said, "Are you a weirdo too??!" They really bonded over it :)

Bill continues to do more and more whether or not his back hurts. This particular job has been especially painful with having to get up at 4:30 am and go hard all day. They are relentless at Ova Nova! He starts before I get up and is often still going when I get home from work. He is bought a new stool so he can easily sit and stand (he has an adjustable desk), but he also needs reclining time - it has been tricky getting through these grueling days.

2 comments:

HW said...

What an excellent update on all of you people I love! Congrats to Ivy on the PR! I am so impressed I am related to someone fast. And I'm so proud of Will for being brave to quit the job he didn't like. And for Faith finding friends and Collin doing well on his test (as we assume). You and Bill are in my prayers. You that you'll continue to find roses and feel better and that Bill will have endurance and less pain.

Paige said...

Isn't it great when other people plant roses?

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...