Here's how we spent the week before school starts:
Faith and Collin got another kitty cat! They had found a stray cat that came up and showed Faith that she belonged with them, so they took the cat to the shelter and told them that when the cat was ready they wanted to adopt it. They called every day so the shelter knew they were serious. Just this weekend they brought their new cat, Mouse, home. We haven't heard much from them since bringing her home, so they must be enjoying her a lot!
Bill has been taking care of things around the house that need to be taken care of. He also had his brakes fixed and will get his cracked windshield replaced this week. He also keeps us regularly updated about the crazy stock market. This volatility is a little bit unnerving, but he was dollar-cost averaging out at the right time and will now start dollar-cost averaging in. He's pretty good at this game :)
Will went back to work and keeps on going. These last few weeks have been a little bit easier as they are finishing up this project and have gotten rid of 90% of their temp. workers. He has been able to get some good time in on the water truck (which he is learning how to both drive and control the water outlets so that he doesn't drench the people doing the paving!) His little Toyota Corolla has been doing great for him even though he's dreaming about buying more cars. This boy needs to get some land so he can put cars on it!
My first day back at school was Wednesday. Green Valley gave us more time for getting our rooms ready than Basic ever did, so that was a pleasant surprise. My fellow world language colleagues seem great and I got to meet some of my new students who were on campus on Friday when they let the students who are new to Green Valley come and walk their schedules. I feel like I'm starting this year with half of my brain tied behind my back. Hopefully I only need a half a brain to teach the classes I have been teaching for the last 7 years! I'm a little bit homesick for Basic, but every time I get a little bit sad about it I just tell myself, "At least you are not having to be department chair and teach a new level of Spanish."
Ivy got all the screen time in she possibly could this week because they are really going to crack down on phones this year across the district. She also did a bunch of running. Saturday were time trials for Cross Country at Sonata Park and she was in the top 5 for varsity, which means that if she can keep that up, her score will count at meets! We also saw the cross country shirts for this year, which were pretty good. They are red and on the back they say, "We're in it for the long run." She also had back to school parties and post time trial rendezvous to go to this weekend. It's a good thing she is able to drive herself to all of the things now! She is also looking for a job. Busy busy busy!!
3 comments:
Oh I'm so glad to get all the updates! Maybe Faith will send you some kitty pictures. And aren't you proud of the adult Will is becoming?! I am. And Go IVY!!! I'm so proud of how all her running practice is paying off. Does she love watching the Olympic track and field events as much as we have this week? I wanna hear some student stories from Green Valley. And it sounds like Bill is doing pretty well. Does that mean his surgery was a success? I CANNOT wait to see all of you (almost!) in person!
I'm so glad about the new cat. Cute name, cute family. I think Willie Evans chose a good line of work. Very immediate. Very hands-on. I think his dad playing the stock market is on point. All of you are savvy, because he can't help himself educating you. Last off, I'm glad you're getting your room just the way you want it. It's going to be a great year!
My comment about Ivy disappeared. I'm impressed that she goes the places she wants to, now. I also like it she is an independent person, while taking great care of everybody.
Post a Comment