It was a long week. It started with turning 50 years old and ended with punk kids throwing paper airplanes in my 3rd period class on Friday. (Hopefully texts home to moms helped!)
Monday was my 50th birthday. I dressed up for the occasion and planned fun activities for my students. I did not end up bringing cake. I had cake with my family the day before and that was enough!
Tuesday Ivy had a mid-week race at Sonata Park. We barely made it in time to see her run and didn't get any pictures of her. Coach shortened the race to only 1.5 miles because it was 108 degrees out and still pretty miserable here.
| Bill and I waiting near the finish line. Ivy did great! She made sure to hydrate all day and looked stronger than she did at this last race. |
Wednesday was pink day (or Mean Girls Day) at school. It too was a very long day!
Thursday evening I got to go with Ivy to UNLV because she has a STEM program she is attending on Thursdays for several weeks here. We want to make sure she can make the drive safely by herself before we send her alone. In some ways it's harder to be the youngest! Bill and I needed Faith and Will to drive so desperately that we sent them all sorts of places without parental supervision!
| You can't really see her, but Ivy is in this classroom with the lecturer. She is sitting on the front row. I wandered around campus and got dinner while she did her thing. |
The good thing about Friday was that I had two students come in to pass off the Mexican Hat Dance after school and they wore costumes for extra credit. They were also just really cute about the whole thing. I gave them their extra credit.
2 comments:
You are the cutest 50 year old I know!!! It sounds like rest would be in order. Those punk kids! Want me to beat them up for you?
The costumes, and the Mexican hat dance. If I had a Spanish teacher like you, I would've liked the language lots more. I think everybody I was supposed to learn from had been beaten down by people throwing paper airplanes. They were a little bit on the boring side.
Post a Comment