
I bought a basil plant that can't live outside. It must live in in my kitchen even though I was worried about it because there is no direct sunlight in my kitchen. It's much smaller now, but doing better.
|
|

I tried out my different camera lenses on Ivy and she tried out my old digital camera. She is finally starting her job at the Rec Center today and has been reading and trying to prep furiously for taking the ACT again. She didn't like her score last time and wants to improve it.
|
|

Will worked all week after work to install a new stereo in his truck. It made him feel great to be able to do it and maybe he's interested in electrical work! He likes all sorts of construction-type work and is having fun getting ready to be an uncle (he found the shirt at Savers and couldn't pass it up!)
|
|
 |
| Close up lens used with my desert marigolds. Love how happy these little flowers are to bloom here even in the extreme heat! |
 |
Dad was wonderful about posing with his sign. We also got another yard sign that said, "Honk for Fred Nielson's 88th!" but we should have gotten the biggest version of that one!
|

Ivy also made a whale shark to hang in her room. I was so jealous of her craftiness the whole time!
|
|
I'm doing a class to help earn CUs for a pay raise, however this course somehow disappeared from my classes in Canvas when my own Spanish classes disappeared from Canvas. Not sure what happened there!

I have also been working on a Donor's Choose grant, but only half-heartedly. It probably won't get funded. I think I can still use the time towards grant writing for CUs as long as they don't freeze pays.
|
|

This was from a few years ago and made me miss my brightly colored room. You can tell it was from when I was drinking a lot of gelatin with flavors - that's what was in the cup!
|
|
I also went to summer institute for Spanish Teachers of CCSD and got to see some of my colleagues and meet new people as well. I do a little bit better with some structure in the summer. I'm taking a deep water exercise with all the old ladies too this summer. It's perfect for me.
3 comments:
You’re doing such good things! I wanna come do the water workout with the old ladies and you. And I hope your grants and wishes come true. I loved seeing Will’s muscles and Uncle shirt and hearing about his cool new skills installing a sound system in his truck. Ivy is amazing. That whale shark is SO COOL! And so is her determination to up that score. I hope she likes the rec center job too.
When we lived in Phoenix, I told a lot of people there are only two seasons here. Pool season, and hiking season. I'm glad you found a way to enjoy pool season. There are other options, but they are more depressing and expensive. I have switched my gelatin away from colors and sugars. Now I put in Herbs as flavorings. I really look forward to licorice day. I also use cloven cinnamon, ginger, and mint. I'm looking for the right mixture to get the mint just right but I really look forward to that day also.
The fish eye lens with Ivy was a really good photo. I love how the right shirt entered Will's life at just the right time. He is so cute! I hope the pregnancy is going well for Faith.
Oh! And the whale shark..… Everybody should have one of those. I'm so glad she does.
Post a Comment