Friday, September 30, 2011

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

On turning 37 these are the changes I have noticed in myself:

I look pretty bad (comparing myself to former years).  Noticing lots more wrinkles, dull skin and generally looking older.

Have decided that it's better to be sore from working out than generally stiff and feeling bad from not working out.

Really and truly, my best birthday gifts are talking to family on the phone, spending extra time with Billy and the silly things my kids gave me.

I don't need as much food as I used to.

I'm more able to live in the now.

I have one of the best calling in the church and get more immediate gratification from it than any other calling there is (except maybe nursery).

I have friends in Cottonwood who remembered me on my birthday.  It felt really good.

My hair looks ridiculous.  Why am I not a brunette?  Oh yeah.  It won't take color any more.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Au ontraire mon frere. Your hair is pretty pretty pretty. Your blog background is also pretty. I'm so glad you are having a happy birthday. Eat something from directly off your squeaky clean floor -- it will be memorable.

Hugs, Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I tried to call you all day and never found you home. I decided you'd flown the coop, run away with Bill to celebrate in some exotic place, taken the kids out of school to party in the hills, or spent the day at a spa. Imagining all the interesting places you could be, was fun but not very satisfying.

I adore you and feel so blessed that you are my precious daughter.

HW said...

Most of your changes are very, very good. I loved reading each one. The whole aging thing maybe we should take as Mom does--as kind of a hilarious joke Heavenly Father slowly pulls on us. Or at least very interesting and entertaining. I think she really does believe it. I want to be her when I grow up.

Paige said...

PS. You are beautiful. Your skin is not dull, and your wrinkles are all from smiling. You make 37 look attractive and thrilling.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...