Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Last Friday we went to Ethel M. Chocolates with some friends to top off our Flora of Our Neighborhood unit.  It was fun to walk around the gardens and be able to recognize more of the plants (but it was also nice that they had everything labeled too!)
Minnie, Ivy, Will, Faith and Olivia (missing Emmie)
After seeing the Easter Bunny, Ivy said, "That bunny was wearing a costume."  I asked her if she thought that there was a person inside the costume or a bunny inside the costume.  She said that it was definitely the Easter Bunny wearing a dog costume.  It cracked us up all weekend talking about it.

 
We waited in line for balloon animals for almost an hour.  The balloon animals were popped in less than a half hour.  I'm thinking that the Return on Investment on that one was pretty low.  However, they did get some cute balloons.  Ivy got a poodle, Faith got a hat and Will asked for a giraffe.  I wasn't totally sure that was a possibility, but what do I know - he totally got his giraffe!
We waited in line here by this Shoestring Acacia for a lot of our waiting.  Try saying Shoestring Acacia 5 times fast.  None of us could do it, and after trying to for awhile, Faith couldn't even say it properly once.
It was a very long wait.  We took pictures to entertain ourselves.
On Saturday Bill and I took Ivy with us to the nursery where we changed our order of Bottle Brush Trees and Oleanders to a Mediterranean palm and two Queen Palms.  They are coming next week to plant.  I hope we chose right!
Later in the day Saturday we took the kids to the batting cages.  This is one of those little known facts about me: I could spend all day happily at the batting cages.  I was more excited than anyone to be there.
Wm's Easter Morning
Faith and Ivy Easter morning
After a short Easter egg hunt

The kids had fun floating their eggs in the pool.  (Faith is wearing my jeans in these pictures...just a little bit disturbing that they're cuter on her than on me!)

Then we got on our Easter finery early and went to the park in Boulder City where the big horned sheep come to play.  It made it handy to head straight to church from the park.
These ones were young and didn't come down to the park.
We decided that the young ones didn't come down because of these two giant males enjoying the sweet green grasses in the park.

7 comments:

HW said...

Oh, hooray for blogging! I loved the Easter finery. Especially Faith's. And she DOES look cute in your jeans. Whoa!

And batting cages? Really? Why?

Thank you so much!

Hugs, Mom said...

We all love it when you blog! Don't kids say and think amazing things. A bunny in a dog costume!?! What next? I love hearing about Easter and the fun things you do with your kids!

Rachael said...

I love the ROI you discovered from waiting in line for the balloons. Hilarious!

And the jean thing on Faith shouldn't worry you. I'd be more proud of the fact that you can wear your daughter's jeans. That would be such a dream in my case :)

Paige said...

The ever=lovely Faith is all string-beaney with her luscious locks and tall frame. She looks like a teen. Too early for that, maybe, but life happens while you're not ready. I love the narrative. Love the photos. Ivy looks thrilled about baseball bats, too. Will the husband let you take his photo (amazing) and Will the son is unexpectedly forlorn in his batting picture. What's the story there?

kj said...

Heather, I just love to hit balls with bats. Love it.

Paige, I think Will was just a little bit nervous about the batting cages. It took him quite awhile to warm up to it.

Rachael, that is such a better way to think of those jeans. Yes! I can fit in my daughters jeans! Hooray!

Kayci said...

What a fun time! I don't think I can say the name of that tree correctly once let alone five times.

And yes your version of the mother/daughter pants share is much better than mine. I ended up getting my mom's hand me down jeans because she had gotten to skinny to fit them. It was good for her but rather depressing for me.
I totally want to go to that park with the mountain goats. That is so cool!

Hugs, Mom said...

PS. I savored the pictures. You are such a super mom!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...