About a month ago I wrote a letter to my kindergarten teacher. I told her that my youngest had just finished kindergarten and all year long she asked me about my memories of kindergarten. I told Mrs. Zapolski that I remembered playing house and dressing up, I remembered singing with her playing the autoharp. I even remembered some of the songs she taught us like, Buffalo Gals and the little chant about "everybody says, 'sit down, sit down.'" I thanked her for being my kindergarten teacher and for giving me such wonderful memories of kindergarten.
She wrote back! This is her letter:
Isn't she lovely? It made me happy to learn that she is still teaching. I think I'll add her to my Christmas card list.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...

4 comments:
She IS lovely! What fun things both to write and to get such a sweet reply.
K. I'm totally envious. I wrote to Mrs. Zapolski several years ago, and she didn't write back. Of course, I asked her to investigate the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Maybe that was just coming on too strong.
You surely know how to make a teacher's day. And since I'm a teacher, it made mine too. Thanks so much for sharing!
I love those kinds of letters. I've written a few of my own to past professors and it's been a wonderful experience.
Post a Comment