Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Things I'm Supposed To Be Learning from My Children


Faith



2014 Mr. Fahrner's Math Award recipient and straight A student.

Faith takes responsibility.  Anything that is her job to do, gets done and is done right.  When I ask her to clean the showers and tubs, I know that it will be done as well as I could do it.  Nobody tells her to do her homework and take school seriously.  She just does it.  I want to be the kind of person that can be trusted to do a good job and take full responsibility.







Will







Will loses himself with his friends and sometimes family.  It's fun to watch him play two square or basketball because when he's doing those things, nothing else exists.  If we are going to play, he's all in.  There is no holding back.  I want to be that way with certain things too: the gospel, my family and loving others.  I want to be all in.














Ivy






Ivy takes care of little things that she can do for us.  She is such a little caretaker.  Will brought home a tomato plant and she saw that he wasn't going to take care of it, so she did.  When we walk in from the garage she always holds the door for everyone.  I want to do that too.  My contribution may be small, but seeing small things that need to be done and doing them every time can make a big difference to others.

6 comments:

HW said...

So sweet! These are really great lessons.

Hugs, Mom said...

Congratulations on ANOTHER award, Faith. I think it's so cute how she blushes and has a little chuckle when she wins.

Another trait I love about Will is how he reaches out to include others in his fun. He's an amazing leader in that way.

How on earth do you keep Ivy's hair always looking so perfect? I did my best but she happily runs, works, and plays with such abandon that it just simply "went with the flow".

You are such a good mommy.

Paige said...

This makes me want to see my own children more clearly -- and emulate them. You have a gift for appreciating the best. Thanks for the wonderful perspective.

Just Kristina... said...

Awwww... I LOVE this post! I love how you point out that everyone is an example. Beautiful!

kj said...

Lest anyone think that I'm doing more than is absolutely necessary this summer, Ivy hasn't had a hairdo in a week or more. She goes tangled everywhere these days. It's too hard to keep up with it when she's swimming so much.

Rachael said...

This is absolutely inspiring! Must use this idea later...

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...