Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy 76th Birthday!



A few years ago in General Conference, D. Todd Christofferson spoke about the Moral Authority of women, and how important it is to cultivate that and be a force for good in the world. I can't think of a better example of that than Mom. I think that's why the things she says have such power and force. She speaks from a position of moral authority. She knows what is right and always strives to do it. Even when it's hard.

I think the picture I put in this post really captures her fun sense of humor. Mom hates having her picture taken, but laughs when it gets uncomfortable.  You know that giggle that says, "Let it be over, okay?" But then there is her "I can't hold it in" laugh when you go bra shopping with her - and she's laughing both at herself and you. That's pretty contagious. All flat girls need a mother to laugh with them about that.

Sure love you, Mom.

4 comments:

HW said...

Yeah! Didn't we get a good mommy?

Paige said...

How could efficiency, fun and total control of any situation blend into one person? And how could the FUN part be he one most people remember? One of life's best mysteries.

Hugs, Mom said...

I love the view of me through my daughter's eyes. It's almost too good to be true. Can't tell you how much I love ya'll!!!

Kayci said...

She is the embodiment of good!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...