Monday, June 27, 2016

Things I have been Instagramming...and stuff I wanted to Instagram :)

Will was a wonderful Julius Caesar, and he got to stand right in between Black Beard the pirate (why??) and Cleopatra (which made a lot of sense.) The Living Wax Museum at his school was really fun, but too crowded. There were four girls who were all Marie Curie and one girl was Tchaikovsky and even played a piano piece as part of her explanation. Faith made Will's partial crown and that was really the best part of his costume. We're really lucky to have her!
The other day I was able to experience this sunset:
When I finished sewing Faith's bonnet, apron and shirt (we just converted one of Bill's old shirts) we took her picture to get ready for her Pioneer Trek.
This was the morning Trek started. This is about 50% of the Mia Maids in our ward (plus a laurel - the girls standing next to Faith.) Faith asked for braids and took them out on the third morning and got compliments on how refreshing her hair looked :)

Phoebe - 2nd from the right did the whole trek in a cast and walking boot with her broken ankle. Pretty Impressive!
Our ward's youth ready to take off to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. A few of the boys with our ward (Nick and Thomas Church) have been living in the middle east for the last year and are enjoying home for the summer as much as they can before they go back to their other desert.
While Faith was on Trek, Will went to Disneyland with the fifth graders from Twitchell. That left us with just Ivy. When we asked her if we should spoil her while Faith and Will were gone she promptly came up with a list of things we should do. This was not one of them:
Bill and Ivy waiting for food at Crazy Pita
It's good to have everyone safely home. Will and Ivy have two more weeks of school until they are out for summer break. I have to hurry and study as much as I can before they get out of school!!

5 comments:

Hugs 2 You said...

What a good blog! Will raally made a good Caesar didn't he? And Faith's apron is especially pretty with the bit of lace at the hem. It would be lovely to see Ivy's list of ways to spoil her. The picture of her with Bill is sweet. You have such good kids. It's just a bonus that they are also sweet, beautiful, and smart.

HW said...

Why did my comment not show up? I know! I'll just have to call you!

Paige said...

Ok, so what did you end up doing to spoil Ivy? The great-looking LDS kids just make me happy happy happy. Will's serious look was even more hilarious than his usual craziness because we all know what's lurking beneath the surface.

I just love it when you blog.

Paige said...

The sunset was wonderful, too.

Paige said...

And Faith is beautiful. Her outfit looks so comfortable and yet fashionable. Nice going!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...