This week is Spring Break at our house and it has been great to be able to spend time with Will and Ivy for the last two days. Faith has been babysitting from 7am-5pm for these first two days, so we haven't seen much of her. I think they have been long days for her, and tomorrow we'll go get as many of her wisdom teeth out as the dentist will take out.
Today I walked barefoot in the grass like I enjoy when I have the time to do it. Here are the things that fill my mind as I walk:
-Bill's work. He's looking into a few business opportunities. One of which is a bio hazard clean up franchise. This would either keep us here or possibly take us to Arizona. Luke texted him about the President of USA Gymnastics resigning almost a month ago and thinks that Bill would be a perfect fit for this...Maybe if Peter Vidmar can give him a recommendation, but he is serving as a mission president in Australia right now, so he's pretty busy.
-My work and studies. If we leave Nevada, I will have to come up with another plan for becoming certified to teach - depending on how far away we move. I'm not feeling a move imminent, but what do I know?
-Faith needs a car. She'll most likely end up driving the Highlander, but it's hard to face buying another car without knowing exactly what is going to happen with Avisight.
-I need to go in for a physical. I'm going to try to find a way to stop snoring. I want to sleep better.
-Will has a new scoutmaster who is amazing...and makes me feel completely overwhelmed. Maybe this is normal for scouting. He sends long emails bi-weekly about all the activities coming up and there are many times two a week and there's prep work for a lot of them. He's the master of too much scouting information.
-Our dishwasher broke. The good news is that I think I figured out what was wrong and which part to order. Now we just have to wait another week for the part to come. The kids are learning the joys of washing dishes by hand. (Will actually really enjoys it!)
I fell out of Yoga positions that I used to be able to do today and had to remind myself that this is a good thing. It gives me something to work toward. Progress to be made - and with yoga it's so easy to see when progress happens. It's a very rewarding practice that I need to do more often.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
3 comments:
I love your thoughts. They capture how messy and rewarding life is all at the same time. You're on the edge of some changes. Good luck with all of them!
You're all fixy -- so cool. I happen to know a guy who puts stuff where they belong when parts come. Plus, I'll be in Nevada this weekend. If your part arrives in time, I think it might be a fun little field trip to Henderson. Also, I'm going to that BYU managment lunch on Friday.
Maybe you can help me progress in yoga. I fall down a lot.
To be able to remember this many of your walk-and-think thoughts proves you are still young and vigerous! I find myself forgetting why I went into a room, or why I'm standing in front of an open cabinet. I love these posts. You write well and you think good thoughts.
Post a Comment