Wednesday, October 25, 2017

All I have to show for October...

I can't believe that October is almost gone. Less than a week left! I feel a little bit lost. How am I making it through every day when each day is a scramble to come up with lesson plans for the next day?

Yesterday my brain stopped working around 7pm. Faith says that we had this conversation:

F: Tell me a story, Mom.
K: You want me to tell you a story?
F: Yeah.
K: Ok, I'll tell you a story.

And then I said nothing else while she waited patiently for three minutes and then asked why I wasn't talking.  Well, that was an easy answer, "What was there to say?" I had absolutely no recollection of the conversation that she is sure that we had. It doesn't surprise me. When I got ready for bed, I noticed very little makeup on my face when I washed my face for bed. Definitely no mascara or eye liner, but I distinctly remember putting makeup on in the morning...I think I need more sleep!

 Shopping for glasses with Will and Ivy. Ivy's prescription has changed yet again. Will's hasn't, but our insurance pays for new glasses each year, so we got him some prescription sunglasses.
 Ivy didn't end up getting the Ralph Lauren glasses...Oh well.
 Faith's costume for Halloween this year is especially good - she made herself into a cartoon and won second place at her school's competition. Unfortunately there wasn't a prize for second place and first place went to a guy dressed up like a girl. I told her that there is no competing with that. If they do a good job of it, then drag always wins.
 On Saturday while Bill and Will drove up to Utah for Spencer's mission farewell to Mexico (Trisha's oldest son) Faith, Ivy and I went to the book festival in Las Vegas where Faith competed in a poetry contest. She was a little bit miffed that she didn't win. None of the girls in this picture won, but two of our favorites are in this group.

 On Sunday Faith, Ivy and I thought it would be fun to go see where Auntie Paige works, but by the time we got on the road, Bill and Will were headed for home and I still hadn't heard back from Paige so we ended up going to Nelson's Landing instead and I showed them where Bill and I went cliff jumping and we hiked around a bit and had a snack. It was fun. (But I still didn't get a picture of the cliffs!)
I told Silvia that I was going to paint my face for El Día de Los Muertos, so I had to go home and practice before next Wednesday and Thursday. She thought it was a fun idea. We'll probably both do it if we can get the OK from the administration.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Frightening makeup -- in a good way. Also, Faith looks amazing in her leather jacket. I would have voted for her poem.

Hugs 2 You said...

Stunning make-up, Kirsta. Also I'm glad that you and the girls got to play at Nelson's landing. The water looks to blue! And if I had been a judge, Faith would have won for sure! I'm always on her side!

HW said...

The make up ones are my favorites, but I love every single picture and word. Thank you for taking the time to post when you're scrambling every day. I remember that first year of teaching. It's hard. Maybe that's a big reason I didn't have any more after that.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...