Sunday, November 12, 2017

Happy Anniversary to Us and Stuff

Bill and I celebrated our 18th anniversary today. We had a relaxing morning with some intermittent irritating moments with the kids. Then after lunch we took the kids to Tule Springs Fossil Beds to check it out. Alas, we didn't see any fossils, but we did have excellent light for picture-taking.






 We had a lot less fun than these pictures make it seem like. Not that it wasn't fun, but these pictures look like this was the best family outing we have ever had.  It was okay.

So yesterday Faith wanted to go thrifting and Will and Ivy had been on the computers all day long, so we made them come with us so that they could de-zombify themselves and so we wouldn't stay too long. We got new Vans for Will, there was a shirt I wanted to buy, but that Faith convinced me was a a big mistake...and there was the biggest universal remote we had ever seen! That was pretty exciting. We only bought the Vans.
 Another exciting thing that happened this week was that for the first time I as a full time teacher I caught a note being passed. I was excited and asked them to pose for a picture. Not sure that I sent the right message there, but they were cute about the picture.
 Notice behind them are the ofrendas that each of my classes made for Día de los muertos. It is fun to have more decorations up and they all did a pretty good job with what they had to work with.

I had my students taking pictures of things around the room in relation to other things and labeling them: El libro está encima de la mesa - stuff like that. I just couldn't help myself when I saw this girl sleeping. Totally normal for her. Not sure why she's so tired all the time. I have her during a class in which she is the ONLY tired one.

7 comments:

HW said...

Oh, I hope she isn't pregnant. I had a student who was tired all the time and it turns out she was as pregnant as I was with Mariah and Eliza. Your kids are excellent posers. I loved the pictures. And I especially loved you keeping it real. Congrats on 18 years, you guys! That is a great accomplishment. Truly.

Hugs 2 You said...

Congratulations! Happy November 14th!!! What a lot of living you've put into your 18 years together. Thanks so the pictures. Love Ivy's new glasses, and Will's shades!

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

Happy anniversary! You're a crack up with the note passing moment and the universal remote. Something that big probably does control the universe,though, so leaving out behind was regrettable.

HW said...

Hey! Did you put your diamond back on your wedding band? Fun!

kirsta said...

I didn't put the diamond back on my ring, that is just the light shining off it, but I took a second look and it really does look like there might be a diamond there.

Kayci said...

I am glad it looks like you had more fun that you did! It is very impressive. Congrats on your anniversary. I love that remote. Maybe you should get one for your classroom. I am glad you have fun with the naughty and tired kids too.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...