1. Monday - For Labor Day Bill and I went to Mt. Charleston to get out of the heat and hike a little bit. Little did we know, Mt. Charleston was cold and rainy! Our first small hike got scarier and scarier as gun shots got closer and then rain came and the thunder got closer as well. We drove to Kyle's Canyon where the sun was shining, found a slot canyon to hike in and then on the way back to the car there were super heavy sun showers (at least no gun shots!)
2. Will's latest goal is to become a savage beast. He runs cross country (which only the toughest of kids do) and takes gymnastics. After gymnastics yesterday he ran a mile and did some sprints for good measure. (His crush is faster than him, and he would like to be able to run with her, so he has to practice outside of cross country.)
3. Faith is taking Pre-Calculus II and Calculus I at the same time this semester. We are all really hoping that it all works out okay. Just this afternoon she said, "I am getting these problems right, but I don't know why..." I'm sure she'll figure it out.
4. A funny conversation happened in my 8th period class on Friday. It involved a fun African American freshman girl named Taquiana, a Caucasian girl named Kayla, and a Caucasian boy named Grant.
Kayla: "Taqui signed me up for the black student union."
Me: "That's a great way to get involved. We should all sign up for it."
Grant: "I tried to sign up, but they wouldn't let me."
Me: "That's because you have to have a friend do it for you."
![]() |
| I have been practicing my peacock on the tables in my classroom during my prep period because I don't want to lose it. |
5. Ivy is running for class representative and has a cute speech all prepared. In her free time she practices bridge kickovers and plays transformice.
6. Bill has been working on getting our taxes done. It's always quite a process. He says, "Nobody cares about it as much as we do." That's why we do our own :)



5 comments:
So much good to say!! 1. Gun shots at Mt. Charelston?! That's really scary! Did you find anything out afterwards? 2. Nothing like the proper motivation for running, right? He is so much fun to hear about. 3. Maybe because she is good at calc? That would be a good thing to figure out. 4. Has Taqui signed you all up yet? Or are you not good enough friends? 4.5. Dang! That peacock! I am super duper impressed. 5. Ivy is the cutest. That's why people should vote for her! 6. Bill is great. Good luck to him on the tax art.
Ivy's video. Who made the ears? I reeeeeally want her to win. She's just that good at her delivery.
You're the yoga queen.
Ok, and now that I have all ten fingers to use for self expression: one of my "wish I could get up the motivation" wistful desires is to learn yoga as well as you. Also, I'd love to be one of your students. I'd even learn Spanish if that would help. I'm glad you are having fun with those hilarious people at school and at home. You make life waaaaay better for everyone.
I keep coming back to look at your peacock. Just wow!
Everything is impressive in this post, especially your peacock! I want to be like you when I grow up and Bill. I have my accountant friend do my taxes.
Post a Comment