Because it fell on a Monday and because there was great spring snow this year, I took Bill skiing at Brian Head for his birthday. We left Sunday night, the 11th and stayed at the Abbey Inn of Cedar City because it has the best breakfast in town.
Monday we hit the slopes as soon as they opened. It was a great day to ski - clear skies, plenty of snow and not too many people on the slopes. We even mostly skied together. Bill would take detours into the woods and pushed me (in a good way) to go on a few harder runs.
It was a delightful day. I got some video footage of Bill on a few jumps. It's really not a great video because it was too bright for me to see anything on my phone. Anyway, Bill is my favorite ski partner.
After lunch we hit a few more runs then called it a day. As we were descending down the mountain, I got a phone call from Mom! I was so surprised and happy. She must have thought I was at work because she apologized profusely and said it was a mistake!! I reassured her that I wanted to talk to her and that I had taken the day off work to play with Bill. So blessed to have that one last phone call with her.
All of our ski pictures look the same, but these are definitely from March 12, 2018 at Brian Head. It was such a fun day! If Bill didn't love variety so much I would make it a birthday tradition :)


3 comments:
Six months late to report is a treat because SNOW! Definitely worth viewing at the end of a desert summer. You guys look great together.
I'm so glad you got that fun day! Bill is kinda awesome. And I'm so glad you got to talk to Mom on her last day. I did too. And so did Eliza--she had just gotten her acceptance for law school. Those were some tender mercies.
What a great day! So glad you came back and posted about it. And one last call! What a treasure. Love you!
Post a Comment