LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON MY DOORSTEP ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!!
Faith came to visit for the weekend to tell me Happy Birthday. Best birthday ever. They all tried their hardest to keep it a secret from me. I did have suspicions, but not enough to not scream when I saw her. She found a ride home with a couple of guys who were friends with her roommate in high school. She felt okay about it because they were pretty nervous about it. (They both have girlfriends.)
Do you see her Captain America shirt? There is a story there. Her roommate gave it to her. Faith has started going by "Evans" at college. Now whenever she wears this shirt people call her Chris Evans. She started working at the Math Lab as their front desk person this last week and really likes it. It was so much fun to catch up on everything!
Ivy was so excited that she almost let the cat out of the bag about what was going down! She was giddy all weekend long. On Friday night I took Faith with me to pick up Will from his Cross Country dinner/party. Will was really excited to have Faith home too. He was much better at keeping the secret. When we got home he hugged Faith and told her that she couldn't go back.
She slept on Ivy's trundle bed as Ivy has claimed the daybed for herself. Faith's reaction to the trundle was, "I totally get why Ivy hated sleeping on it. That was rough!"
Saturday we went to Will and Ivy's Cross Country meet at Foothill High School. Faith got good pictures of it. Mine are from the meet earlier in the week at Sonata Park. Will placed 30th out of 164. Ivy placed 43rd out of 84. She is so tiny out there running! Near the end of the race Will yelled at her that she couldn't let anyone pass her. She looked at him like she wanted to cry, but she didn't let anyone pass!
They posed for me nicely at first and then the second pose was how they were truly feeling after the race.
We ordered an extra small jersey for Ivy for XCountry. Her coach gave her a medium. She has to tuck it in or else it looks like there is a little white nymph running practically naked.
Later on Saturday we went to Water Street in Henderson to eat at a popular Mexican food restaurant. It was an hour-long wait for a table, so we had fun wandering down Water Street before dinner.
Life is just right having all these people together. What a fun night out and some pretty good eats too!
It was hard to say goodbye to her this morning when she left to go back up to Reno. If she weren't having such a fabulous time, we would have made her stay home.
Later this evening I took Will and Ivy to feed the fish at Lake Mead with all the extra bread I have been buying that we haven't been eating because Faith isn't here to help us get through food :)
The difference in Will and Ivy's sizes has grown so much in the last couple of years! They used to look a lot closer in age. I told Will this weekend that I think his hair is slowing him down and that we should cut his hair. I think almost have him convinced to get it trimmed at least :)
![]() |
| Will doing Will at Lake Mead |





2 comments:
Best birthday present EVER!!!! Having all of your people together is just the very best. It DOES make you feel like all is right with the world. I also just love how Faith's siblings love her. And it made me a little sad Faith has sort of dropped her first name. I've always loved it. I want to hang out and dance with Will at the lake some time. Do you think he would do that with me or is it just for privileged audiences? The pic of you and Bill is really good and looks like it is possibly in front of a green screen. Happy 45th!
Marvelous. Just marvelous start to finish. The end of race photo: he ha ha ha HA tee hee. It's such a treat to see Faith back with her siblings. They love her like the morning loves a fresh breeze and bagels. You look great with Bill. One of the best photos yet.
Post a Comment