Sunday, February 9, 2020

15 Years of Fun

Will's 15th birthday is today. His party was last night. I had told the kids no more parties after 13, because I thought it was a great rule and it worked for Faith. She didn't want any more parties. Will balked. He thought it was a lame rule. Will loves to party with his friends. It was a bit of a last-minute thing.
  
We talked about it on Thursday and decided that we would heat the pool it would be okay to invite 10 friends over for swimming and pizza. He invited his 10 friends (6 from the neighborhood and 4 from cross country) and almost all of them came. The only bad part was the pool didn't really heat up! We just heated the hot tub and told them the pool was a "man test."

Bill, Ivy and I just tried to mostly stay out of the way. They played games while they waited for people to come, then they went swimming. Not too long after the swimming started, the pizza came so they ate pizza in the hot tub.

 When they were done swimming they came in for birthday donuts. (Will doesn't like cake that much.) Then they played some more games and everyone was gone by 9:30 pm. It was a fun night.
Daniel from XC got the poop emoji doughnut.

Frank from XC got the maple bar.

Kaden from the neighborhood didn't eat a doughnut.

Keaghan from the neighborhood wasn't sure what kind of doughnut he had, but he ate it anyway :)

Benton, who is neither from the neighborhood nor XC, but rides Will's bus chose a classic glazed doughnut. He also swam more than anyone else.
Austin didn't eat a doughnut, Brody did but I can't remember what kind, and Ben didn't eat a doughnut either.

Will chose a chocolate frosted doughnut with sprinkles.
My favorite part of yesterday was taking Will shopping at the mall to buy him racing flats for cross country. Here are some snippets from our time at the mall:

  • We ran into 3 of his friends at the mall, one of which walked right up to his face, stared him in the eye, and then walked away. Another came to his party later (Austin).
  • We went to HotTopic and Will explained the whole store to me. It was still a bit of a nightmare, but not as much with Will there.
  • He held my hand for 2 seconds.
  • We had a hard time finding jeans that are 28w and 31L
  • At Hollister we saw a guy that we talked about later. Both of us thought he looked just like Will is going to look in two years.
  • I put my arm around his shoulder and could feel the definition in his deltoid. He is skinny and defined, which is interesting.
  • Will told me that he wants to get swole (and I think that's normal for a 15 year old boy.) I told him to look at me and dad. We are on the skinny side and that is what his body type is. I think he should learn to like being skinny. (We have several conversations a day about people looking swole and being on steroids. I tell him that if people look like they are on steroids, then they are. He says there are people out there who are just swole from working out.)

3 comments:

Paige said...

The explanations of friends and donuts made me grin. The kid who looked Will in the eye and walked away brought gales of laughter.

HW said...

Your conversation about being swole cracked me up. The detailed report on the trip to the mall was priceless. Will cracks me up. Happy birthday! Isn't it weird when your baby boy starts to be a man? (You can pause to go look up that Old Spice video now).

Kayci said...

What a fun party! I am glad he got to have it and it maybe wasn’t too much for you? All of the details were so fun. I had to look up swole. What a great guy you have.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...