The breakfast was fun! We were able to sit at a table with two of Ivy's friends (and their parents) who had also been chosen by science and math teachers. Ivy seemed embarrassed and pleased about all of it and her science teacher was really great with her.
![]() |
| Ivy with her breakfast of champions |
![]() |
| We sat at one of the many 6th grader tables |
![]() |
| Ivy with her science teacher, Mr. Wright |
![]() |
| All the sixth grade students of the month |
This week has been strange for me. On Monday I had to send a student to the dean's office for being too disruptive. He seemed like he really wanted me to send him there. I texted his mother about the incident and we had a little exchange where she told me that she was really struggling with him at home too. I told her that we would just continue to work with him the best we could!
He wasn't in class the next day (which was a bit of a relief.) Then on the next day I had him (which was Thursday) the attendance office called me at the beginning of class asking for him. He hadn't come into class and I told them so. They replied that he was listed as a runaway and that if he showed up, I needed to call the attendance office and let them know.
He did show up in class not too long after the phone call. Luckily, it was a day that I could make a call without anyone paying attention because the students were working on their family trees. They said not to say anything about it to him, but they would be by to pick him up.
Nobody showed up for about 40 minutes, but a guy came and told him to come with him with his stuff. They when they left, they closed my door. My class was really surprised by it. One of my students went to the door and peeked through a hole in my shade and reported that there was a cop and they were taking him away in handcuffs. I told him to go sit down (but was secretly shocked about it myself.)
I'm still wondering how he is doing.




2 comments:
Don't you just ache to hug that boys mom and then tougether hug the young fellow until things shift around for him and everything is better? I'd sign up for a project like that, if only the world worked so simply. Hugs stop being the main resource sometime in the toddler years.
Wow. Such a fun update and then such a sobering strange thing. I hope he is okay. Poor dude.
Post a Comment