Thursday, March 12, 2020

7 Magic Mountains and Coronavirus

Today is Bill's 47th birthday. We didn't take any pictures of it yet, but I guess there is still time. We had surf and turf for dinner and gave him a candy bar poster letter that he seemed pleased with. I'm just barely learning what to get him for his birthday, which is next to nothing, but not nothing.

Yesterday Ivy tried out for the Mornings at Miller broadcasting class. She was really excited about it and we really hope she made it. She adores the art teacher who is in charge of the broadcasting class, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Then she had a band performance at the school later for the students who will enter 6th grade this fall and their parents.

While she was at the school I took a quick trip to the Seven Magic Mountains and felt obligated to take a picture.

 On the way home I debated whether or not to stop at Liberty High School in the slim hopes of seeing Will at his track meet or stopping at Ulta for some beauty supplies. Ulta won. There wasn't much time. I bought a new flat iron (which works so much better than my last one, I almost decided I should have done this a year earlier). I also got product for Will's hair which he was much more grateful to have than my presence at his meet. I also got Faith some luscious dry shampoo that I was promised smells amazing because that is what counts most in hair product.

Today at school I took this picture to show my anticipation of Faith coming home tomorrow night. She was told not to come back from spring break. They will be holding classes online at UNR for the foreseeable future. We get to have Faith home for awhile!! I hope it doesn't kill her, but the rest of us are pretty excited about it :)


Will and all the track students are sad because all after school activities have been canceled as of today. Track is suspended. I went grocery shopping (for Bill's birthday) right before picking Will up and had a crazy grocery store experience. This is a picture of the paper isle:


3 comments:

Paige said...

I commented and it didn't show up. Curses! Happy Birthday to Bill, and yay about everything else!

Kayci said...

Happy belated birthday to Bill! I totally understand your gift giving problem. I have the same one with Glen. I am glad your Ulta run was the right choice for basically everyone. So glad you get more time with Faith and I hope she handles it well. This virus has made people crazy up here. It has been hard to find paper products for weeks now, as well as bottled water and some other things.
They just closed all public schools for two weeks. Is school still in session for you guys?

HW said...

I think your answer to husband birthday gifts is the best one I have heard. It is true wisdom! And I loved seeing you and hearing what you are doing and how it is going down during this strange time. BYU is encouraging people to go home, but I don't think Willa wants to! Their classes are all going online too.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...