We live in a place where rain is blog worthy. Today I asked Faith if it was supposed to rain. She was on her computer so she looked it up for me, “No, just clouds.” When she said that Ivy looked out the window and said, “It’s raining right now.”
That was the only excuse we needed to go on a walk and check out the drainage ditches. Good quarantine fun! You probably saw these on my kids' Instagram accounts, but I needed a copy for myself. Faith is our photographer.
And other stuff:
Faith and Will have been running together some evenings this week. Will still hasn't found anyone who can really keep up with him, so his workouts are more to keep others company than to actually work out.
Will got some friends to agree to go running with him this weekend, but they didn't end up running very much. They are good friends, but they walk uphill. He loves to watch Japanese anime and has started even playing some games online with Ivy. He must be getting desperate. He is willing to go on walks occasionally with me.
Faith's very cool running tank came in the mail this week. I had ordered two and only needed one, so I gave her the black one.
Whenever we find her posing for selfies like this and flipping hair we know she is Snapchatting with Eli. They broke social distancing this week to go on a date that included Slacklining at the park, getting rained on, and nachos from Robertos. It must have gone well because they lost track of time and even though Eli's mother sent him with supplies to disinfect Faith, she assured us that he didn't make her drink hand sanitizer or spray Lysol on her at any point.
This is a picture of what Ivy does during the day when she isn't freaking out about her ELA teacher's assignments. She is probably playing Brawl Stars or watching vines. I made a luchador mask this weekend to get ready for this next week for Spanish (we're going to talk about Lucha Libre and make máscaras de luchador!) She thought it was a fun idea and wanted to make one too. Good sign. Brawl Stars has prepared her.
Usually Faith's feet are on the ottoman too. The red room is often the "girls room." Faith Snapchats and works on homework, and I watch movies in Spanish and play word games.
This social distancing is messing with me. At first I was eating like a crazy woman and telling myself it was okay because I was running. Now I have started wearing a belt (nice and tight) every day and trying to stick to fewer carbs, so that I don't have to lug around as much when I do run.
Bill went hiking yesterday out in Arizona (not too far from Temple Bar) He came across a rattlesnake, which is a bit nerve wracking. No incidents, though, so everything is good. He is still going in to Access Health Dental regularly. They have had to furlough much of their staff. It has been a difficult time for the dentists and their staff. Only emergency procedures are permitted right now and there just aren't enough masks either for everyone who is working.
Does anybody else give themselves pep talks? When I email my pictures to myself sometimes it just feels good to say some positive things to myself:
Sunday, April 19, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...















3 comments:
Rainstorms like that are the best! So glad you guys had some fun in the rain. It’s fun that Faith and Will are running buddies. It’s nice he’s willing to slow down to everyone else’s pace and walk with you. I hope he finds some competition to challenge him too.
The sneak peaks of Faith’s romance are fun and it’s nice she didn’t get disinfected by her date.
I totally understand the eating and running and belt thing. I am stress eating but also walking a lot but trying to give myself some grace because this is a very interesting circumstance we are in. Such a balancing act.
It’s nice that Bill still has some work right now and got to go hiking and made it back safe.
I like your pep talks. I probably need to try them. Love you guys. Hope you stay safe and well!
I loved your kids posts on Instagram. And your pep talk to yourself was adorable and poignant. I love you too!
Affirmative on the affirmation. You're inspiring. The puddle splashing was awesome. Will being fleet of foot and Faith flinging hair and a fella are equally entertaining. I hope Bill gets photos of the next rattlesnake.
Post a Comment