Sunday, April 26, 2020

So glad to not be living alone right now

Ivy
Ivy grew a half an inch recently and we got very excited about it. She is now tall enough to not need a booster seat in the state of Nevada. She is still very good on keeping up on all of her assignments. I heard her math teacher praise her for doing all the assignments during one of her Zoom meetings.


Bunnies

There is a baby bunny sleeping underneath that watering can. You can see its head. So cute. We were dumb enough to not wake it up and chase it out of the yard. Who are the real dumb bunnies???
 We have had bunnies in our yard lately. Baby bunnies. They are very cute, but very dumb. We need to make a habit of chasing them off before they drown in our pool. Because invariably they do. Drown in the pool. And I am the one who gets to fish their poor little dumb bunny bodies out of the pool.  Did I ever tell you that I once saved one? I got to it soon enough and it was my only good story about a bunny and our pool.


Faith

Faith is taking her first stats class and has decided that she doesn't like stats as much as she thought she would. She is changing her minor to just "Math" instead of stats. She adores her deterministic operations research class. It is hard, but much more fun than stats. She is also really enjoying her design class and is posting more regularly on social media and using fun Adobe programs like Illustrator and Photoshop. The Chief Technology Officer at her work asked to meet her recently so they will meet this coming Friday. We are all a little bit curious what all this is about.


Will

Will is sick of being everyone's model. He is starting to hate having his picture taken...and even refusing!! Can you believe it? Faith generally has the most success at getting him to be photographed. He is my easiest child during these times as being on a screen is his favorite thing. He barely even says anything. We just have to remind him to stand up once in a while. This week he educated me by sharing one of his favorite short series from Cartoon Network. It's called Over the Garden Wall and I have to admit that it was really funny. We have been quoting it all week and singing, "Potatoes and Molasses."

We did go slacklining at the park this week. That was good to get out and the weather was very nice. Will even came out of his screen-induced stupor to actually play around! That was a highlight. He put Ivy on his shoulders, then made her lie back like she was his "cape." I beat Will's record of 9 steps on the slackline, with 11 steps, so he had to go and beat me with 12 steps.






2 comments:

HW said...

You know who Ivy looks like upside down? Paige and Will. The Paige part surprised me. Maybe it was just the yellow shirt though. When she is right side up it is obvious she belongs to you. I feel for you on the bunnies. The babies are so cute, but really, you don't want them in your yard. I have been trying to remain aloof when the cats bring one up to eat it on our deck. Yuck. Your pictures and your people are good. I'm so glad you have good people to be with--the best really. That really helps!

Paige said...

I was internally chanting when I saw Ivy in a yellow shirt. I said:"not mine not mine not mine not mine." It even worked. The slacklining looks like a lot of fun. You write such entertaining stories about Dumb Bunnies. I also feel a little bit amused that even Kirsta can have a son named Will who doesn't like to get his picture taken.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...