Bill was nice enough to let me have as much fun as I wanted for his birthday. No, I didn't throw him a surprise party (because I know he would hate that!) What we did do was this:
We brought Faith home Thursday night. She got in late and Bill was so great to be the one to pick her up from the airport because I had a 7am department meeting on Friday.
It has been so much fun to have her home this weekend. Everyone is a little bit happier with Faith home.
Finally once we were all done with classes on Friday (about 1pm) we got to decorating and prepping for Bill's birthday. Faith had to pick up her gift from the embroidery place and I needed to pick up the cake from Dairy Queen and somehow we fit taking Will to Cross Fit in there.
When Bill got home we took him to Samurai Steak House for some hibachi style Japanese. (A little bit bad planning that he had Japanese for lunch, but oh well!)
Afterward we went home for candles, cake and presents and then just being in the same room for awhile with everyone on their phones.
Bill's birthday color was red (with touches of yellow please.) Because 48 candles are a lot of candles we thought it would be fun to have him blow out 48 votive candles instead of ruining his cake with all those candles!
Faith had a ball cap embroidered with a logo made especially for Bill: "BE3" - there is also a 73 in there if you look closely.)
At 48 years old, Bill still keeps his fingers in the business news at all times and is conversant on pretty much all areas of business - both on an industry level (knowing who all the big players are in each industry) as well as in-depth industry knowledge in several different industries. By his 48th birthday he has invested in (and this list is assuredly not comprehensive because I can't remember everything): large and small cap stocks and bonds (his favorites are long-term holds that produce dividends); many different forms of real estate (commercial, multi-family, land and single-family properties); start-up companies (including a 3rd party logistics, dental, patented gel torch, drones and probably others I can't remember). He has bought and sold an LED business, invested in and helped run several others, consulted for struggling businesses and has been a member of several different investing groups here in Las Vegas.
His latest investment is several flooring franchises called Footprints Floors. He and a buddy bought the franchises for Las Vegas and southern Utah. With an MBA and all of the business experience he has, he pretty much knows exactly how he would like to do things, but felt like with the right partner that they could do more even if he doesn't get his own say about everything.
So lucky to have this man to share life with. It's always an adventure - which is not to say it is a spontaneous adventure, but a methodical and well planned-out adventure. He's definitely the yin to my yang:) I love him so much!!










4 comments:
What a timely and comprehensive blog! Congratulations on a successful blog about a successful person. The pictures are wonderful.
He gets closer to being my age every year! Hooray for BE3! (Although I'm going to have to go back and zoom in on that hat...) I love that you plan excellent birthday things and that life with him is a methodical and well planned out adventure. I also love that things with Faith are lighter and happier. She got that from you. ;)
What a great weekend of celebrating! I am so glad you all were together for it. Faith’s present is a really cool idea. Bill knows and has done all kinds of good and great things in his life. I hope the new venture goes well and is successful! He’s a great guy.
If Bill and my dad ran the whole universe, all adventures of every kind would be well-planned. So marvelous that you're also in charge of universes also, where adventures happen spontaneously.
Phones are patient. I had to pause and snap a sunset photo. Both the sunset and the photo happened spontaneously. I'll post that on my own blog for your grins and giggles.
Post a Comment