Friday, July 30, 2021

Our last teenager

 Ivy turned 13 this month!!

For the party, we had friends over to swim.
For this picture I told everyone to pose like the character who was put on their back at the beginning of the party: Ophelia was Alexander Hamilton (she wasn't very good at the posing) , Sierra was Micky Mouse, Nora was Dora, Ivy was the Queen of England, and Elise was Harry Potter.
 

After swimming they ate pizza, had cake and later went to the park to play with water balloons and smack a piñata with their bare hands because I forgot the bat. They didn't really seem to mind.



3 comments:

Paige said...

Slapping a pinata with bare hands sounds like such a great time. People ought to do that more often. I also enjoyed hearing which characters the party girls were intending to look like. Ivy as the Queen of England and her friend as Harry Potter are the big winners.

HW said...

What a fun party! I think Ivy totally nailed Queen Elizabeth. Such bearing! And I would have been pleased with hand smacking being just as good as stick whacking too. Improvising is often just as good. I'm glad you're getting some fun examples of it. And I think I want you to plan all my parties!

Kayci said...

Ivy is such a cute thing. It's a little crazy that she is a teenager. What a great party. Maybe I have missed out because I haven't done friend parties for my kids birthdays? Maybe I will have to fix that...Maybe.
I love that you improvised so well. I bet whacking a piñata with their arm is something those girls will remember for awhile. Improvising often leads to better memories.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...