On our way to Temple Bar, Will told us, "There are two kinds of families. The first kind goes on a hike and takes pictures for social media. They do it all for the aesthetic. The second kind goes on down some crazy road nobody has ever been on and then has some nutty adventure and maybe takes a sweaty picture afterward. We're not the first family." The picture below is actually wet, not sweaty :)
![]() |
| Not much was going on at Temple Bar Marina. We got the place mostly to ourselves, which was lucky because we didn't have rangers coming to bug us about our risky activities :) |
Temple Bar has a huge mesa jutting up out of the ground like a temple very near it and some very interesting rock formations. I was really taken with it! I need to go back and take more pictures because I can't even find pictures on the internet of what we did! We just got in the water by the docks and swam to the next small bay. We found a pier that was in disrepair with tons of those HUGE yellow iron tires tied up around it. We used it as our own American Ninja Warrior playground and then swam to the next bay over. Hike, swim, hike, swim. It was really fun. When Ivy got hungry we turned back and played on the big tire playground again on our way out. Fun day!!
![]() |
| This is the "Temple" of Temple Bar Marina in the background. |
![]() |
| Other interesting rock formaitons/mesas |
While we were out hiking, I found a great worry rock that each of us rubbed all of our love into so I can send it to Grandma Joani who is starting chemo next week.
The other fun thing about this week was that Ivy got to go to Girls' Camp. They went to Ponderosa Resort at Zion's and had a great time. The camp theme was "Faith Can Move Mountains." We mused about whether or not Faith should be given the camp t-shirt or not.
![]() |
| All ready to leave for camp. |
While Ivy was at girls' camp, Will and I were left to entertain each other, which Will was quite good at doing. Better than me. He modeled backpacks at Target.
And impulsively touched the pregnant mannequin belly.
We also thought it was interesting that they make Legos for people who are 18+ years old. We wondered how they figured that age limit out and wanted to see videos of the 17 year olds getting frustrated.







3 comments:
Awwww!!! I love it when you post! I think it is brave that you all put your heads under the water at Lake Mead. And Bill looks so much like his dad in this picture! Faith CAN move mountains! Give her the shirt! I'm so glad Ivy had a great time at camp. And I'm so glad you took videos of the backpack modeling while she was gone. I want to hang out at Target with you and Will. You guys make everything a party!
Videos of Will in the last decade have made me smile, chortle, smirk, giggle, grin groan, and chuckle. This one made me snicker.
Faith definitely needs that t-shirt.
I'll be praying for Joanie Evans. She's such a good woman.
Ivy is always the best looking one in a group of kids her age.
That trip to Temple Bar makes me envious. I never got all the way to that marina even when I worked at LMNRA. Swim and play and hike. What could be better?
I love your posts so much! That looks like such a fun family adventure. That looks like an amazing girls camp. You guys really know how to have fun, especially at Target. Grown up Legos don't surprise me. They make me curious to know how hard that mask would be to put together though.
Post a Comment