This week I have pictures to prove our life really happened. At least some. None of Ivy, but I promise Ivy is still alive and kicking as much as possible while also playing Minecraft and Roblox nonstop.
Yesterday Bill and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary (a day late) by off-roading just outside Littlefield and Mesquite. We rented the Razor in Littlefield, drove east up the mountain and then drove behind the mountain range to the south of Mesquite making a big loop. We could have made it to Whitney Pocket instead of swinging back around to Mesquite and Littlefield, but there wasn't time and we had to get the machine back before dark. It was fun
![]() |
| Bill kept asking if I wanted to drive, which I didn't. riding was enough for me. In fact, today I am slightly whip lashed. |
![]() |
| At the top of the mountain with my few little wispy hairs |
![]() |
![]() |
| A view from the top looking back at Littlefield. |
After getting all dirty and grimy from driving around the mountains, we went to eat our favorite cheap dinner at Virgin River Cafe in Mesquite: prime rib dinner for $8.99.
![]() |
| Bill had a plumber over for a few issues and we got a new kitchen faucet. It's a pleasing thing in my life. |
Last weekend Will went to Reno to run in the state cross country competition. The Coronado boys took fifth place in the state. The coaches felt good about that because at the beginning of the season they were pretty sure this was going to be the first year in a long time that boys didn't go to state :)
On Monday after state, was the Cross Country banquet. As Coach Tondryk
had the varsity boys come up he had good and bad things to say about each one:
"This was Ben's first year running cross country and he can run really far. It's no big deal to ask him to run seven miles. We just need to work on his footwork so he's faster next year."
"Will had a really consistent season and a good attitude. We just need to make sure he runs track this year."
"Frank is an important part of the team, but he's always injured."
...you get the picture. It's really real. And funny.
Will got the Best sportsman award, but it became apparent during the dinner that he didn't deserve it when Ethan, one of the JV guys went nuts cheering for everyone and everything - even unto slamming his head against the table. (It was funny and concerning at the same time!) You can actually see him with his hand up cheering for Will in the picture.







6 comments:
The pictures of your kids just fill my cup! What a wonderful Cross country banquet! I love the format and the kid cheering his heart out for everyone. And Will and Faith together!!! That is just full of so much joy and goodness! I LOVE them! And Happy Anniversary! Bill is another one who is just full of goodness. I love how he loves you and makes sure you are happy. What an excellent choice you made when you chose Bill Evans. You are lovely with wispy hairs and everything.We just need to make sure we hang out together more.
I think Heather said everything perfectly. Just copy and paste her comment here again for me. Thanks for blogging. I love glimpses in to your life.
Now I’m going to talk about Ivy.
Nobody talks about Ivy quite enough for my taste. I hope you read this to her so that she will know somebody talked about her a lot.
When she was a baby, she was quite unaware that her hair was such sensation around town.
It stuck so beautifully out from her head, making her look like an angel, and people wanted to touch it all the time. And when thhat happened,?she was really nice about that. When there got to be more hair it didn’t stick out but it was still just luscious and beautiful.
She has a quirky way of looking at the world that brings a breath of fresh air to anybody she talks to, and a graceful way of getting things done. It makes it easy to have her along if you’re doing something fun or if you doing something useful. She is good at computer stuff, and being good to her friends and family. And keeping everybody in line, and trying new and difficult things like cooking products that other (more timid) children will not even attempt. Having gotten to know Ivy through the years, I can say I approve. So there.
Congratulations to Will on a successful cross-country season. Congratulations to you and Bill on 22 years! What a ground time you have together. I loved the scenery photos. It was like being back in Nevada. I also love knowing that I have done dishes in your kitchen so I know where the faucet is going.
Thank you for your comments on Ivy, Paige! I do think she has been flying under the radar lately which is not at all what she did when she was little. She was very hard not to give full attention to. Whether she was running through the house with her pants around her ankles or insisting that she get a turn, "I see? I see? I see?" she was NOT going to be ignored. She has become a lot more quiet with our family these days. Her online friends get a lot more words from her than we do. She still has lucious locks and a cute sense of humor, but we have to be stealthy to enjoy those things about her :) Last weekend I made her choose where we were going to have lunch in an authoritative voice to remind her of who she is. She did great!
Also I love knowing that Ivy plays Roblox. Eve will totally have things to talk about with her. Roblox is her fave right now.
Post a Comment