Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloweeeeen!

 Ivy was supposed to be a plague doctor, but couldn't wear her glasses with the mask, so instead went as a Jedi knight. Easy peasy. Will took Ivy to the trunk or treat last night and was able to hang out with friends. Ivy told our lovely neighbors and ward members that Bill and I "didn't want to come." Oh well. I guess it was at least true!

Will's cross country team will compete at state next weekend in Reno. He is really excited and Faith is excited to be able to go watch him run too! Bill and I "don't want to go." Ha ha. Actually, we would love to see him compete, but fitting a trip to Reno in this next weekend does sound painful. He will get his braces off on Thursday, so he should do really well running light!
Ivy was purposefully serious in this picture because Jedi's take themselves notoriously seriously. What a great little actor we have here! Ivy went to see Will compete with us at regionals on Friday in Boulder City. It was fun to have extra cheering capacity among the Evans clan, and I even convinced both Will and Ivy to stay after for one more race. The Basic Varsity Boys ran state in Boulder City right after Will competed in regionals, so they helped me cheer on my students. It was fun!


4 comments:

Paige said...

Most people would consider a Jedi knight the first choice costume, and the plague doctor a little bit further down the list. I think Ivy is incredibly serious and I would definitely cast her in a role as a Jedi if I was making a movie. One of these days, she’ll have to settle for blurry vision and be a plague doctor at some point. My Will has a plague doctor mask, and he has used it to grade effect in different settings. The man who sells leather masks at the street fair in Show Low is the source for his.

I love that you’ve decided Will is going to run super well because he’ll be lighter than the amount of missing braces. That is such an important day in the life of a teenager. Tell him congratulations from me. I didn’t actually get what are you and Bill will be going to Reno or not.

If you don’t go, will Faith be there?

HW said...

Oh thank you for the Halloween pictures! Being a "takes herself very seriously" Jedi seems perfect for when the glasses aren't gonna work with the mask. Did Will have a costume or did he just go as awesome? I LOVE him! Can't wait to see the braces before and after pictures. And I totally get it about not being able to fit in all the trips. But now I wanna know what you are doing instead!

kirsta said...

We don't have other plans, it's just that a 14 hour drive over the weekend is too much after a long work week! Will likes having his own trips with his friends anyway :)

Kayci said...

Congrats to Will! Lucy is so jealous of people getting braces off. She feels like they are a life sentence at this point. I think you are right about running better with them off. I bet besides the physical weight his soul will be lighter to have that phase of life in his past.
Ivy’s costume is so great! I love your description of Jedi too. I hope she decides to do Halloween again next year. Maybe a year of thinking will help her fingure out how to make the mask and glasses work.

Enjoy your weekend at home! I think you are smart to conserve your energy! I think Lilly is like Will and likes her own adventures with friends too. It’s such a fun time in life.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...