On Wednesday Ivy and I took a long ride out to Pahrump to visit the shelter and see if we wanted to adopt a kitten named Ruth. We didn't. However, there was a litter of four black kittens that were nine weeks old who were really cute. We knew we wanted a female, so they took the one boy out of the mix for us to decide. We chose the the most relaxed of the females.
For Christmas I got some awesome running shoes. I took them for a spin on Christmas day. It was a funny run. I wasn't feeling 100%, but every time I walked, my shoes told me, "Run, run, run," with every step. They are definitely running shoes. Those toes roll making running the best way to get around in them.
Will was most happy with his air pods that eh got for Christmas, but he got some much needed clothes as well. I love the above picture of him with our kitty. It's a bit of a "where's my cat?" picture :) He has been putting in a bunch of hours at Wetzel Pretzel this week and comes home with crazy stories about the poor druggies who are his favorite customers because they want all of it and are nice.
We decided to not let Faith stay in Carson City for Christmas. We needed her!! She participated in the Justice Family duct tape present wrapping competition before she came home and won! They are just beginning to see how competitive she is. In the above chart, The Ducks are the 3 Justice children: Emma, Collin and Russ. Phil is Emma's husband. It has been delightful to have Faith for Christmas. That was the best gift for both Bill and me.
Bill is the best at tiring out our new kitty. It's fun to see him play with her. His mother sent us books she had made for Christmas: an Evans scrapbook, and a Life of Billy Evans scrapbook. My Christmas Day highlight was sitting all of us together snuggled on the sofa looking at the books together. When we spoke to her later in the day she said that is how she got through chemo. She made scrapbooks for her children when she felt so terrible.
3 comments:
Luna! So great! I love how she is really a gift for everybody. And I think I need to hear the rules and object of the duct tape competition, but even without knowing them I am SUPER proud of Faith!
That is so sweet of your mother-in-law to find a way through the pain and feeling awful by serving her children and grandchildren. I have been as consistent as I can with praying for her, and I hope that her recovery is 100% complete sometime soon. Your cat is a marvel. It’s so good to see your people enjoying her, and the names you all use for her trip of the tongue so beautifully – kind of like a cat. Faith winning the duct tape competition because winning competitions just her thing. Typical.
I am mildly concerned about your legs not being the same length or the same color in the shoe picture.
Post a Comment