Sunday, January 9, 2022

The week America called in sick

 On Monday Will found out that one of his co-workers had covid-19. By Tuesday he was feeling terrible so we took him to the pediatrician, where we learned he has Covid-19, not strep throat. He texted his boss (who thinks Will is almost a son) who told him that he needed to take care of himself and text him every day to let him know how he was doing. Will didn't start school on Wednesday with everyone else.

 

The above picture was pretty much the last we saw of Will who has been quarantining in his room for the rest of the week. I finally had him strip his bed and give me all his laundry which I did yesterday for him. However, Ivy is best at getting all the things for Will.

While Will was all Covidy, Ivy was contemplating an extreme haircut. Ivy and Bill went and got Ivy's  hair cut Tuesday night. It was a big change!

 

I don't think Ivy was prepared to look like a total stranger. And a 7th grade boy. I think the plan is to grow it out a bit. I must admit, however that this 13 year old grows amazing hair. It doesn't matter the length, it's just great hair!! I wish I could get in on that.

 

 Ivy is my best help with making sure Will is taken care of. I'm really grateful for that help! Especially because Bill woke up on Saturday feeling it. He is having the same symptoms as Will, but won't be able to be tested until tomorrow (hopefully!) Getting tested has become quite the test of patience! Bill is now quarantining (the best he can) and Ivy and I are doing double duty making sure to keep them content in their rooms.

Ivy and I got away a bit yesterday to run errands. I got a book from the library (thanks to Heather's recommendations!). We scored at Savers by finding a really nice umbrella and a couple more puzzles, and went out to eat at Dairy Queen.


The best part of our week has been playing with Luna who is so much fun! She is a mess at times, but we always forgive her because she is so soft and cuddly too.  I had a nap on the red sofa today with her until she woke up and bit my toes.

3 comments:

HW said...

Oh no! Poor Will! Poor Bill! I hope you and Ivy stay well. Also, Ivy looks great no matter what. And I've always loved a good pixie cut. Luna Lovegood needs to learn that biting isn't the best love.

Paige said...

Final photo with Ivy and the kitty is so artistic. If she’s going to be a model, she should include that in her portfolio.

Kayci said...

Oh man. Your poor men folk. I hope they recover quickly and you girls stay healthy. Ivy’s hair cut is dramatic and cute. Lilly wants to do something like that so I am glad to see others do it before her. Good luck with the kitty. She is so cute but. It if is no fun.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...