Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day!

 We had a great day. Faith called today while we were all in the car together on our way to have some Father's Day fun. It was perfect!

We learned that Faith has quit her second job. She is no longer writing about or editing articles about men's grooming products. She is now dedicating herself solely to reporting for the Nevada Appeal and dating Collin, of course. I miss her so much. We have decided that the timing of going to Reno for Independence Day is just too much and we should save our trip for the fall. Maybe we can go up for Thanksgiving. 

Today Bill took us on a hike to stop our hearts. Or maybe just mine. I think I was more scared than anyone. It was so steep. Ivy and I actually hiked across each others' backs at times. In fact after Ivy part slid part fell down a five foot cliff, she looked up at me waiting to follow her down with a pale face and said, "I think I just saw my life flash before my eyes. Just step on my face to get down, Mom." I didn't step on her face, but I did step on her back after a little slide.

Here are pictures of our memorable Father's Day in honor of the most fearless father: Bill Evans. Sure love this man!

Will was determined to be shirtless in every picture. He almost did it too!

Ivy and I just waiting on a cliff for Bill and Will to come save us. Just kidding. We didn't make it as far as they did, but we did most of it just helping each other. It was not comforting to have my almost 98 pound 5'2" daughter reach up to give me a hand to get down. I was really worried about squishing her mostly!

Bill and Will are actually in this picture, but very hard to see. This was the part Ivy and I didn't want to do.



This was Bill's poster card. Ivy went all out with pictures of Bill being a Dad. It was really cute.

Luna participated, such as she does.




2 comments:

Paige said...

My favourite photo of the post is the one with you and Ivy looking alarmed. Also, Ivy’s advice to just step on her face was so hilarious yet helpful.

Is she always that way? Hilarious? Helpful? I think maybe she is.

HW said...

The hiking scared my liver, and I wasn't even doing it, just reading about it! I'm glad sweet Ivy was willing to be squished, but didn't get squished.

Also, the Father's Day poster was hilarious. Teenagers, striking just the right tone to make you unsure if they are actually complimenting you or not. Yours are particularly fun ones.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...