We got home from Saydie's wedding on Sunday. Saydie's wedding was wonderful in every way, but my personal favorite thing about it was getting to spend the day with all 3 of my children. Faith flew in from Carson City!
![]() |
| Reception ready |
On Monday I did laundry, shopping and prep to leave. Then Ivy and I went to meet Heather, Griffin and Eve at the Las Vegas airport and take them out to Logandale where I held them captive for a week!! On Monday evening Griffin brought me this tea towel and said that they had bought it just for me in Kansas City. Isn't that the sweetest thing? It's now hanging in my kitchen. A reminder of my KC family.
On Tuesday morning Heather's friend, Brenda, took us hiking at Valley of Fire to start the day. It was a great start and a fun hike. We made our paper mache piñata forms after a vegan pancake breakfast at Brenda's house. Then we went to the libary and got books and videos as well as Lin's for some fun eats. In the afternoon we (Heather, Griffin, Brenda and I) went swimming at the Logandale pool, which was delightful except for the manure smell.
On Wednesday morning Papa Fred and Marj flew into town!
![]() |
| Dad was showing me where Acoma Sky City is. It is a Native American pueblo in NM I went to with Dad and Mom in the 90s that is situated on top of a mesa with cliffs all around. Very memorable. |
We started decorating our piñatas on Wednesday. Ivy started decorating hers as a sugar skull, Eve did a rainbow and Griffin decided just black would be great. Heather took Griffin and Eve to swim in Overton where it doesn't smell like manure. Ha ha! Ivy and I stayed home to read books and rest. Wednesday evening I took Ivy to Redstone where Bill and Will met me to pick her up after pole vault practice. Ivy had volunteering at the library on Thursday, so she had to get home.
Thursday morning while Heather and the littles went on an airplane ride I cleaned bathrooms and weeded with Marj. It was a treat to get to work with her and learn more of her stories. She's had quite a life!
We went swimming again in Logandale in the afternoon and then out to dinner in Mesquite.
The Wimmer hair is especially fabulous these days with Heather and Eve sporting matching bobs and Griffin with a mullet. He even let me do his hair. This kid knows how to win over his auntie's heart!Friday we cleaned house in the morning, went thrifting at the local Senior-run thrift center (where I got a new game of Guess Who for only $0.50!) and then drove to Henderson by way of the lake and Boulder City.
![]() |
| The ducks were especially brazen and shabby looking. They would get close enough to get kicked. |
We went by the BC house as I don't get to do it very often (my family is not interested!) It's nice to have a sibling come into town who is interested in driving by all the places from our childhood. I loved hearing Heather's memories. Those three years make a big difference between eight and eleven, plus Heather's memory is so good.
We got to Henderson and fell in the pool to cool off. Then we went out for Mediterranean food and watched the end of Will's pole vault practice as well as Ivy and Eve doing cartwheels on the field. Bill enjoyed a great conversation with Griffin about the stock market. It's really thoughtful of my sisters to raise boys that Bill enjoys talking to!
Saturday morning Heather took her two youngest and left bright and early. The last image in my head that I took with me was watching Heather walk into the airport with Griffin on one side of her and Eve on the other. They each only had one backpack and the littles were carrying their piñatas. It was just about the cutest thing ever and Griff was a great sport to even make a piñata as I think he secretly hated everything about it (but never complained!) You can actually see the front version on Heather's blog, as she took a picture of them with their piñatas :)








2 comments:
Wow! A whole week! I think I’ll just say it again. Wow. A. Whole. Week. Swimming and hiking and lake mead carp all in the same week?? Plus pinatas?? I guess it does. You can add a wedding to mix. It was such a joy to see Dad and Marj in the photo. I agree with you about the Wimmer hair.
How did I not comment on this?!! It was so wonderful to be with you! And you did such a better job telling what we did than I did. I meant to tell you how great it was to have Ivy there. I love that my kids know Ivy at this age. Please thank her for being so great to Eve and Griffin. They love her and I love that they have a relationship with her!
Post a Comment