Last August I was talking to another cross country mom. Kaden's mom. We were talking about the girl Kaden was dating. They had been dating since freshman year and Kaden's mom started gushing about how much they love her and how great she is for Kaden - how she keeps him on track. I believed her and thought back to a conversation I had with Will when he was a freshman. He told me he was "low key jealous of Kaden's girlfriend." When I asked why he thought Kaden was lucky, he said, "She is really smart and legit funny."
Fast forward to December when Kaden broke up with his girlfriend and started hanging out with a cross country girl who had been dating someone else on the team. It broke the team apart when the XC girl broke up with her XC boyfriend and started hanging out with all the other guys on the team - especially Kaden. Ah...the drama of high school!
Will avoided all of it until Kaden's ex-girlfriend, Michelle's car broke down and she started needing rides to school. Will started taking her to school because they were friends, both had an open first period and she lives really close to us. Bill and I didn't like Will getting involved in the drama, but you like who you like. We weren't surprised when he asked her to prom.
Tonight Will went to exchange the shoes we bought him yesterday because they made his feet fall asleep. About an hour ago I called him to tell him to pick up Epsom salts for Ivy's foot (she had an ingrown toenail removed today). We had this little exchange:
Me: Can you stop at Walgreens and get Epsom salts on your way home?
Will: Sure. Can you just text me a picture of what that is?
Me: It's spelled: E-P-S
Will: Nevermind. Michelle knows what that is.
Okay. I get it. Michelle is nice to have around sometimes. Plus, she was with him making sure he exchanged his shoes for some good ones. That's helpful.

3 comments:
Oh YES! I love the back story! Michelle seems really great. Aren't you pleased your son has good taste?!
Dang it! My comment on this was super long and really good. Or, I may be imagined that I commented on it. One never knows.
Having balance and flexibility at the same time. Don’t we all wish for that? Will Evans has got it. Tell him very seriously, “you, my boy, I’ve got it!!!” Just like Lillian Gish says.
I love your comment Paige! Thank you for making me laugh!!
Post a Comment