Bill and I go for evening walks together when I'm not too tired. I need to remind myself that even if I am too tired, I'm not too tired for a walk. It's the sitting that makes me tired.
Will worked hard this week. He has been putting in more hours at Kohl's and Wetzel's. This part of his life is really teaching him some important life lessons. Any time outside of work he is either with Michelle or practicing the guitar for Faith's wedding. I love to hear him practice. He is sounding great.
Ivy ran a 10K with her good friend, Brook-Lynn (and Brook-Lynn's dad who is going to run a 100 mile race this year - he is trying to qualify for Western States.) They are such cute girls and they did really well. They both finished in under an hour. (Brook-Lynn finished at 54:04 and Ivy finished at 55:14)
![]() |
| Ivy was very much on her tippy toes here. She wanted to appear taller than Brook-Lynn. |
I was there as support staff only, but somehow ended up on the front page of the come see your pictures page. Kinda funny! Ivy's bib number was 377 if you're interested!
![]() |
| This was Ivy's finish. She had a great kick at the end. |
The race was put on by Calico Running. There was a 50 mile, 50K, marathon, 1/2 marathon, 10K and 5K. The shirts were really cool!
We were able to talk to Faith a couple of times this week and she sounds so so good. She is working on a special report about the data around hard lock downs in the Washoe public schools (which have increased greatly this year). I love it when she gets to sift through data. She really likes that. Collin has been having fun with his new gig of taking sky divers up and dropping them. He ordered some custom hats he can wear backwards for the sky divers that say things like, "You say 'jump,' I say, 'How high?'" They have planned a really beautiful wedding (less than 2 weeks away!)
Father's Day was great and we were happy to have some great fathers to celebrate. We gave Bill a poster card. This year we didn't even try to make the things we put on it make sense. We just put them around the edges of the poster and Ivy wrote "Happy Father's Day" big. Then we stuck some sticky notes on it about things we remember and love about Bill. Then we took him to get pizza at Water Street Pizzeria in downtown Henderson. It was great pizza and we even got a picture of Bill with the angel wings there.







4 comments:
I love your idea for a candy poster. I also love the photo with Bill wearing angels wings. Or superhero wings, depending on how you spin it that day. The photo of Ivy and her race T-shirt reminded me so much of Faith and her confidence that I had to look three times. Gulp! I'm so glad you get to exercise with people you love most.
I’m getting excited to hear Will play guitar! And I’m so impressed with Ivy’s running. That is a lot of hard work! Bill is a very good dad. I liked that you didn’t try to make sense and that you had workouts that felt lovely. How can I wait a whole week plus some to hang out with you though?!
Ivy looks like she is really starting to come into her own. I love that! And where are you doing water aerobics?! (Without me! Hahahaha!)
I'm just doing water aerobics in our pool by myself. It would be so much more fun if you were here to do it with me, Heather!!
Post a Comment