Ivy and I had a fun weekend in Reno! We left Friday morning and spent the day driving up. Ivy is a fun road trip companion. She picks the tunes, tells me about funny and crazy things she finds on social media and makes me listen to weird/disturbing stories. Our stops this time were:
1.) Amargosa Valley at the Alien Center where we went to the bathroom and I put my hair in a bun. Also, Ivy took pictures with the aliens. Maybe she'll share.
2.) Beatty for gas and lunch. I always say yes if they are offering jerky samples. Best jerky ever.
3.) Tonopah for gift bags at the Family Dollar Store and snacks at the grocery store next door.
4.) The Rockchuck because I was so sleepy. It was magical and Ivy got a free lucky rock. Recommend for a short stop.
5.) Dayton for McDonalds. We were famished. We should have gone down the road a quarter of a mile farther to Taco Bell.
When we got to Reno we went to see Faith first thing. Faith and Collin took me to the famous Reno sign for a picture with my travelling wolf. I also got a picture with it at the dolphin art by the river.
 |
| Ivy doesn't really like to pose with Faith and Collin because she "looks like their child." |
Then they showed us how to get to Collin's parents house because that is where Ivy and I stayed. The Justises live in the very southernmost part of Reno in a charming valley on an acre of land that has fruit trees, 8 different colors of rose bushes and baby birds that were nesting in a climbing bush by the front door. Also a magical place.
Saturday was the brunch for Faith and her bridesmaids and Cherie did such a beautiful job. I learned a lot. She let Ivy and I arrange the flowers she had bought from Costco and she served us quiche, spinach/strawberry salad and a sourdough orange bread. I was able to practice doing the hairdo Faith wants for the wedding and I promised to practice my pincurling for the next few weeks :)
 |
| I made Cherie take a selfie with me. Faith told me about Cherie, "She is my best friend," which really warmed my heart. What a great set up to be in love with your best friend's son! |
 |
| Hailey, Faith and Ivy. Audrey couldn't make it. |
The Justises live close to Washoe Lake so we took a short drive up to see it. It usually has beaches, but the water levels are so high this year from all the snow!
Mount Rose is the tallest peak in the very right hand side of this picture, but the ski resort that is Mount Rose is on the left side. There is still snow up there, but the resort has closed for the season.
 |
| Cherie and I thought these volunteer plants were so pretty with their pink flowers and growing in sand - they must be hardy! Does anyone know what they are? |
After playing all day with Faith we went back to the Justis house for a fun game before going to bed and heading home. It was so wonderful to see Faith. I really needed those hugs!!
2 comments:
Faith looks so beautiful and glowing! She must be in love! And yes, it is completely wonderful that she is already best friends with Cherie. Their place does look charming. I might need more details!!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Everybody in this.
Post a Comment