Sunday, October 15, 2023

2 Weeks already!

 

Ivy goth 8th place at the Bud O'Dea race. These three are the Coronado sophomore girls who run cross country: Brooke, Ivy, Holland. She thought her time was only okay. Grass races are hard.

Last week Bill and I hiked the Boulder City Railway Trail. We realized it had been years since we had done it! We didn't hike the whole thing, but it was fun to check on those tunnels again.


Ivy had a mid-week race at Sonata. I met more moms, which was fun for me. These are all the girls except for the two fastest :)


These are some of my 8th period students. They were writing on the desks in dry erase markers. They wrote, "We <3 Evans" so I let them go about their business :)

Ivy is in the picture below, but you can't see her. Coach Tondryk has his hands on two girls, Vera and Ivy (who is behind Vera.) Right after Ivy's race (at Veteran's Memorial Park in BC yesterday) he spoke directly to Ivy with his hand on her shoulder for a few minutes. We haven't seen him do this so we asked her about it later. She said that he told her she needed to run that race a minute faster. He said that she was the one who could do it and he needed her to close the gap between her and Amy for the team. He literally only ever tells them to go faster. No other coaching besides that :)


Bill and I went to Jack in the Box for breakfast during the JV races. I told him that I have loved that Jack in the Box for my whole life. It even has a sign that shows it was established in 1977. Thought you'd all want to see :)



I didn't get to talk to Faith this week, but I did see her on the news. She looks great. 

I don't even see much of Will these days because his days are so full, but we did get to run four miles together on Wednesday. It was nothing for him to run my little pace with me except that his legs itched terribly for the first mile or two after not running for so long. Even though his life isn't that much fun right now, he is still a lot of fun to be with.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I am so glad you went to the Jack-in-the-Box with the history behind it! I also love it. Do you remember how I boycotted that place when they blew up their clown? Then, later on, they got the spokesman of Jack with the big round white head. I felt validated.

HW said...

I love all the Boulder City stuff and I love hearing about your students and what a great teacher you are and about Ivy running and Will being so so busy but still so much fun. And about Faith on the news. Bill looks good. I am hoping he is feeling better too.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...