Sunday, October 29, 2023

I need some pretty bows

 With which to tie up this blog post.  It's just a conglomeration of all the things from the past few weeks.

School keeps going for me. The Language Acquisition department made an ofrenda for the library for Day of the Dead. We will bring in desserts and treats on Thursday to share with the staff. My students continue to make me laugh. I pulled a muscle racing some of them a few weeks ago and I am still on pause with my running because of it! No more racing students.


Ivy has still been doing a lot of running and racing. She medaled in a mid-week race and regionals were just the day before yesterday. She did just what her coach asked her to and shaved almost a minute off her time on that course, but unfortunately one of our fastest runners was sick that day, so the team didn't make it to state. She is tiny, but she is mighty. She also has been doing lots of fun social things with friends.


We watched her at the gravel part of the race in Boulder City because she asked us to (and we didn't even know the race went through the gravel until this week!)

Will had to work some long days last week with his manager out of town. He ran the store for several days there. The owner (who had injured his back) was truly grateful, and Will is still tired from it! I think he is a little disenchanted with adult life so far. It's a lot like high school for him, except without the friends.

He came to regionals to cheer Ivy on. She always does better when Will is there.


Greg Ladd stopped by to see us last week as he was passing through on his way to help Will move. It's always fun to catch up with Greg. He looked great and has the best arms for selfies :)


Bill has good days and bad ones with his back. More bad than good, but he is looking into SI join fusion. There are some minimally invasive options that he is going to see about with a few different providers in town. 
 

Faith did stories this week on everything from wildfires to snow-making on Mt. Rose. She won't admit to it, but is the cutest reporter - she'll only admit to being the smartest :) She and Collin are finding ways to keep Beauty off of places they don't want her with double-sided sticky tape and getting locked in their room on a bad day.


Her colleague, Jaden Urban did a piece on a haunted building in Yerington this last week that was really fun too (and a bit scary!) I love her work stories. She has a colleague who was a former soap opera star who now anchors in the morning that was surprised that you can get a cat as pretty as hers at the shelter!







3 comments:

Paige said...

I am so sorry to hear bad news about your husband's back. I do like it that you have a Swifty daughter, and a reporter daughter. Thank you so much for posting a photo of Gregory Ladd. I think he is super handsome. Knowing that your Will is indispensable makes up for a lot of the boredom he is feeling, I hope. I think you guys are creative and wonderful to put up an Ofrenda in your school, and here's hoping your pulled muscle heals quickly! You are wonderful.

HW said...

I LOVED hearing about everyone! I also love it that the language teachers do a kind ofrenda for the staff. I'm hoping the pulled hammy is feeling better this week. It looked like you might be out running yesterday? Ivy looks so great and so happy! I am amazed she could just shave a whole minute off her time. What a disappointment it didn't result in a state bid! Greg Ladd! What a happy thing to get a hug and pic with him! And poor Will looks so tired! He is such a fun person it seems like he should be having more fun, doesn't it?! I will pray for Bill and his back. Joint fusion sounds like a scary option to me, but what do I know?! Your Faith is just (literally) glowing. I adore that girl. And her choice of cat names led to a short moment of confusion for me, which is kind of hilarious. I love you love you love you! Thank you for blogging!

kirsta said...

Ha ha ha! Yes, I went and re-read what I wrote about her cat, Beauty, and it was confusing :) She actually didn't pick the name, they just didn't change it when they got her. So funny to keep beauty off of places in her home!!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...