The HOA was sending around notices about everyone's nasty trim. Our next door neighbors have had someone over to scrape and paint all of them. We put Will on the roof to paint where they took a picture of and send a picture back to them with the remedy. They were fine with that and it saved us thousands. For now.
This week I was supposed to have my post-observation with my supervisor at work. She had to cancel twice because she is just too busy with all the naughty kids. I'll let you know if I get any good feedback at any point :) One of my students has been doing "hojalata" in art and I have been getting really excited about it, but her teacher hasn't told her that it's an art from that comes from Mexico and I'm pretty disappointed about that. My student did let me take a picture of it though. I was trying to figure out an easy way to do this with my Spanish 2h students this year, but I really don't think there is an easy way to do it.
This was Faith's first week as the new morning anchor aside Kyle Lowder. I watched her every day before school on my big screen and thought she did a great job. The station made a good decision there.
Our most exciting time of the week was yesterday. At dinner time Bill, Will and I met one of Bill's high school friends (and his wife and 2 youngest children) at a burger joint at Town Square. It was fun to catch up with them after six years. I had enjoyed Drake's wife Sherrie a lot the last time we saw them and they don't live too far away in Cedar City. Drake had tickets to Andrea Bocelli and he let Bill and I have two of the tickets. It was a great concert. At one point they had an artist paint a portrait of Andrea Bocelli during one of the songs and then they auctioned it off during the concert with all the proceeds going to Bocelli's foundation for the needy. It sold for just over $30,000. They were also filming a CBS Christmas special that will be aired December 8 and had some fun special guests: Andrea Bocelli's daughter Virginia and his wife were there and sang with him (and without him), Josh Groban came onstage and sang a song with him, same with Sofia Carson (from Austin & Ally) and Zucchero sang a couple of songs with him as well as played the guitar. We had a fun time.
![]() |
| Bill, Paige Howell, Drake Howell, Kirsta |
![]() |
| The concert was at the MGM Garden Arena. There were a lot of people there! |
Will left after dinner and we tried to get Ivy to come eat with us too, but she had to work. That was a shame because they had a daughter, Paige, who is Ivy's age.




2 comments:
That concert sounds like it was awesome! What cool friends to bring you with them. And Will is an adrenaline junkie. He likes the buzz. Fear feels a lot like excitement if you think about it. ;)
Dreamy date... and a double date with keeps you happy. What fun! I'd like a few details about how to make that cool a Mexican art.
Post a Comment