School started for everyone last Monday and by Saturday I felt sick. I am trying to rest as much as possible over the weekend. As of right now I have three Spanish 1 classes (all Spanish 1 classes currently have 50+ students in each class) and three Spanish 2H classes (ranging from 30-40 students). I will be losing my second period Spanish 2H class soon as a colleague has offered to sell his prep. He'll take my second period class and we will open up another section of Spanish 1 that I will teach that period.
Ivy has five classes instead of six. She has an open first period, which is nice so she can sleep in for another hour in the morning. She is taking AP Chemistry and Dual credit English. She doesn't talk about these teachers much. They must be okay. She is also taking Dual credit government and econ?. She said that this teacher is the only one who said anything funny on the first day. She has AP Calculus with a teacher who subbed for her lost geometry teacher her freshman year, but he is more stressed out this year. She said Mr. Isaac looks normal from the back, but is very fat from the front and had a knee replacement this year. She also says he is willing to explain math - so that's a good quality in a math teacher! Her last teacher (physics) has made the biggest impression. She doesn't look at the students when she talks, she looks just above them and won't take any questions until she's done talking (because she isn't looking at them.) She sounds like she is on the autistic spectrum, but Ivy thinks her class won't be too hard.
Bill sat for and passed the series 65 on Thursday. It's a licensing test administered by FINRA for investment advisors. It was a three hour test and dealing with his back while he sat was the other half of the test. He is anxious to get in the office and get going. He has two tests down and one or two more to go before he can get in the office and do his thing. My only concern is his back and sitting all day, but he's pretty resourceful at finding ways to manage it. He might need a standing desk at work too.
Faith has started feeling the baby kick and now it's keeping her up at night. She said when she went in for her first anatomy scan when the baby had new arms and legs, that it was just wiggling and waving the appendages all around like crazy! I think this one is going to give her a run for her money. It's a good thing she has Collin to help! The stories I hear about Collin from when he was young make me think that this apple won't fall far from the tree. When he was a toddler he at some habanero sauce. As his eyes watered from the heat, he was already reaching for more of it. He still loves super spicy foods.
Will is never late to work and misses work very rarely - only when having made prior arrangements. He takes making money very seriously and loves to get overtime as much as possible.
2 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry you have been feeling yucky! I remember that teaching school introduces you to so many more viruses--probably even more than staying home with toddlers. I loved the individual updates on all the people! Will a new Spanish 1 class make some of your other Spanish 1 classes smaller?!!! 50+ kids in a class seems like WAY too much. Or maybe it's more fun, right? How do YOU think about it? Your kids are just wonderful. Isn't it fun to see them doing such grown up things? I'm amazed by them.
What huge Spanish one classes they are. 50 kids. That's a lot. If there's anybody to find a fun way to do it, it's you. I'm so sorry you felt sick. Not being your best is hard on a teacher. You have such high standards. It's extraordinarily exciting that Faith is going to be a mother with the person she likes the best as father!
Post a Comment