I moved classrooms this week. My (mostly 5th period) helped me move from my regular classroom to a portable on the other side of the school - pretty much as far as you can get from where I was. The whole thing made me really just fall in love with that 5th period class so quickly! They all were so sweet about helping. Each of them took stuff out there for me and some of them did more than one load. They really are just precious, but don't tell them I think so!
Also, this week was open house at my school and Ivy's school. It was good that they weren't on the same day. My only regret is that I had a Diet Dr. Pepper right before it started and so by my last two classes the caffeine was really showing up in the "Kirsta Show" (as Bill likes to call it.) It was a little too much. Nobody said anything negative, but I know I was a little bit too much.
![]() |
| I took pictures of some of Ivy's teacher's slide decks to remind me to take a look at my Open House slides and see if I want to clean them up a bit. |
Ivy's open house was pretty good. Her dual-credit Chemistry teacher looks like a high school student and lit magnesium on fire for us. Her dual-credit government teacher (Mr. Guisto) is her favorite, but Bill and I thought he was pretty much what you'd expect. Her AP Calculus teacher is old, and walks with a cane, but seems to really know his stuff. He recommended all sorts of study materials for us, but was strangely cryptic about one resource, telling us to email him if we wanted to know what it was and how to get it (like it was going to be some sort of drug deal to get a Calculus book!) Her dual-credit English teacher seemed fine and quite hands-off. Her last teacher was our favorite. She's an older lady for Honors Physics who seems like she thinks the kids are little pains who she has dumbed this material down as much as she can for and even tried to incorporate a fun project every quarter. She doesn't make eye-contact and says, "This is just who I am." A little bit of a surprise at the end of Ivy's schedule!
My favorite part of the week was seeing Faith's reel on Instagram with a picture of our grandbaby!! I also love seeing her cute baby bump!
I stubbed my toe on Bill's toe last night. I think I hurt him and he could lose a toenail, but I think I hurt myself worse! My toe is starting to look discolored, swollen and really hurts!!
![]() |
| This is Bill in our hotel room in Paris right before we left. Good times! |
I don't have pictures of Will this week and nothing has changed much for him except that one of his good friends is going to have to move out of the house in December, so maybe they will move out together.


.png)

3 comments:
Oh thank you for all the updates! I love those kids in 5th period too now, and I don’t even know them. I really liked your take on Ivy’s teachers and her back to school night. And it was fun to hear about you taking notes about how to do a back to school night. I only did one of those and probably did not nail it! I agree with you about Faith’s reel! Cutest thing ever! Ivy is wonderful. I say the more of her hair there is, the better, but I also know about being overwhelmed with too much of a good thing.Your poor toes!! Living together closely almost always involves unintended hurts. I’m praying for you and Bill. Will might move out?! You tossed that out there and it was a pretty big mic drop. I love you and your people so much!
That was me, of course. Sorry I wasn’t signed in.
Your descriptions of the teachers are so vivid. You avoid words like "loser" or "boring" or "weirdo" and they are still so interesting. So positive... I never knew that about you and Bill having a whole thing together of "the Kirsta show" and I like it. You're really funny. So sorry about your toe and Bill's toe. No fair!
Post a Comment