Sunday, November 9, 2025

Bits of fun along the way

 Last week I went to feed the fish at Lake Mead. It's always fun, but wow, the water level sure is low at the lake! I brought bread and the fish liked me the best :) Other people had popcorn and graham crackers, but they looooove the bread!



The yellow bells in our back yard are consistently beautiful. I love having this tree that is heavy with flowers to brighten my day.

It is literally abuzz too with all the bees that are collecting nectar. If you look closely you can see a few bees inside the flowers.


The best part of the week was having Collin and Faith fly in to the Henderson Executive Airport on Thursday night to spend the weekend with us. Ivy was at work on Thursday night when they got in. We took them straight to Tacos Los Nery (where we went for my birthday). 

Friday I started the day by taking Ivy to the high school bright and early to head up to Reno for the State Cross Country Championship meet. Bill drove up and met her there. They both stayed at Circus Circus in different rooms on Friday night, as Saturday was the meet.

For us here in Southern Nevada, on Friday Collin went to the SEMA car show with his brother-in-law so Faith and I ran errands and tried to find maternity clothes. Which has turned into a very difficult thing! I was surprised to find that stores have shrunken or completely dissolved their maternity departments. It was almost like Twilight Zone for me. Will worked all day but when he got home, Faith took us to eat at Dave's Hot Chicken here in Henderson for dinner. It was so busy there that we ended up taking it home to eat.

Will worked Saturday as well, so Faith, Collin and I went on another scavenger hunt for vaccines. Faith was supposed to have the RSV vaccine this week. Our hunt started at CVS, but we were only able to get Covid there (plus I also got flu and shingles). Then we went to our local Smith's grocery store. Both Faith and I were able to get RSV (but they didn't let Collin get it) and I also got DTap.


We waited for Will to get home and then went to the Farmer's Market on the Green at The District here close to home where I got some sourdough bread and Faith proved to us that she can still run :)


They flew back to Reno today. Collin's sister Emma, and I met up serendipitously at Vivaldi Park in Henderson (it's across from the airport) to watch them take off. It was fun to catch up with her and also get to hear all the chat with the tower. She had an app on her phone that allowed us to hear Collin's interactions with the tower! Now I'm going back to bed. I think 5 shots in one day was a little bit too much for me!

2 comments:

HW said...

I was worried about your ambitious vaccination plan as soon as I read it! I hope you got rest yesterday and feel well enough for school today! If not, CALL ME! I am so happy you got to see all your kids on the same weekend, even though Will was working! That is magical and rare. I loved the pictures and video of Faith running, and the description of the visit with Emma. Thank you so much for blogging! I have been missing this.

Paige said...

The comment went away. Weird.

Faith: amazing
Colin: fun
Ivy: ambitious
You: favored of the fish! Validating, isn't it?
::

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...