November is a great time to take stock. The year is almost over. The light is telling us to slow down a little bit and cross country season is over (relief mixed with tears.)
These four received a plaque for running cross country all four years of high school. It was bitter-sweet seeing them up there together and knowing that their paths will diverge soon. They have been through a lot together. These are the runners that knew Will when he was a senior and they were little freshman runners.
Will had a childhood friend come home from a mission two days ago. We all went to him homecoming today. These boys were cub scouts together. Will and Ben (on the left) are two days apart in age. Will and Kaden (in the peach tie) had most of their elementary school classes together. Brody's dad was one of the first people we met in the ward when we moved in. It's fun to be able to see the faces of these grown men and remember their little boy faces and quirks.
I have been sick this week from all those vaccinations last week with Faith and Collin. There's a dark side to everything!! Luckily my students don't really care if I show up sick. I have to sound pretty bad before they say things like, "You really shouldn't be here."
Ivy and I are headed up to Tonopah this Thursday to fight that lame ticket I got. I will report back on that!


2 comments:
The nostalgia and the ongoing ages of life. Also, the agony! How do you do this in Just a few paragraphs? I hope you're feeling better soon. At least well enough to drive a car to Tonopah. Ivy makes a good companion for a road trip, so you at least know there's something positive in your future.
Wow. I loved seeing Ivy with her running friends and hear the view from starting to finishing. And Will with his buddies from preschool and now they are all men! I hope you are feeling better finally. And I hope the charges are dropped on that ticket! Good luck!
Post a Comment